Method of Delivery
Online, e-learning, or distance learning
Instructional Program (CIP)
3 Unique credential offerings listed below:
Retail Industry Fundamentals
- Dive into the retail world, its career paths and industry jargon.
- Study retail operations product life cycles and supply chains.
- Know how the cost of goods sold impacts profit.
- Build basic customer service skills.
- Practice job readiness skills.
Customer Service & Sales
- Discover the value of quality customer service.
- Improve your knowledge of different types of customer’s needs.
- Master effective communication skills.
- Design a sales plan and apply effective upselling strategies.
- Acquire advanced retail skills.
Business of Retail:
- See retail as a business and define the profit model.
- Recognize inventory life cycle and inventory control.
- Explore merchandising and marketing.
- Understand Loss Prevention.
- Learn the importance of workplace safety practices
Program Length (Weeks)
WIOA Approved Program
Curriculum Competency Based
Soft skills, Language, Math, Communication, Interpersonal learning
45 Melville St., Suite #1, Augusta, Maine
3 - Central Western Local Area 3
Name of Credential
Business of Retail
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
To be determined - decided on a case by case basis
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - NRF
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$135.00 Retail Fundamentals is $99 Customer Service & Sales is $115 Business of Retail is $135 Fee includes on-line course and testing fees
Total In-State Program Cost