Method of Delivery
Hybrid or blended
Instructional Program (CIP)
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today's core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today's digital world. It is the only industry recognized credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management and technical support roles. CompTIA A+ is regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace.
The Official CompTIA® A+® Core 2 (Exam 220-1002) course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It will help you prepare to take the CompTIA A+ Core Series certification examination (exam number 220-1002), in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
This course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ Core 2 220-1002 Certification Exam.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft® Windows® environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following official CompTIA courses:
- In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems. You will:
- Support operating systems, Install, configure, and maintain operating systems, Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows, Configure and troubleshoot network connections, Manage users, workstations, and shared resources, Implement physical security, Secure workstations and data, Troubleshoot workstation security issues, Support and troubleshoot mobile devices, Implement operational procedures.
- Lesson 1: Supporting Operating Systems
- Lesson 2: Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining Operating Systems
- Lesson 3: Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
- Lesson 4: Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
- Lesson 5: Managing Users, Workstations, and Shared Resources
- Lesson 6: Security Concepts
- Lesson 7: Securing Workstations and Data
- Lesson 8: Troubleshooting Workstation Security Issues
- Lesson 9: Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
- Lesson 10: Implementing Operational Procedures
Program Length (Weeks)
WIOA Approved Program
Curriculum Competency Based
CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002)
343 Gorham Rd South Portland, ME
4 - Coastal Counties Local Area 4
Type of Attainment:
Name of Credential
CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002)
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - CompTIA
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$250.00 Courseware and Labs
$232.00 Exam Cost Prep Exam available $ 129.00
$2,495.00 5 Day, CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002) Course Cost
Total In-State Program Cost