Method of Delivery
Hybrid or blended
Instructional Program (CIP)
The new CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.
CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers. Unlike other certifications, the new exam includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job. The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
The new exam has an increased focus on the following topics: security, kernel modules, storage & visualization, device management at an enterprise level, git & automation, networking & firewalls, server side & command line, server (vs. client-based) coverage, troubleshooting and SELinux.
Candidate job roles include junior Linux administrator, junior network administrator, systems administrator, Linux database administrator and web administrator. Companies such as Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo and Xerox recommend or require CompTIA Linux+
What you’ll learn The Official CompTIA Linux+ Student Guide has been developed by CompTIA for the CompTIA certification candidate. Rigorously evaluated by third party subject matter experts to validate coverage of the Linux+ exam objectives, The Official CompTIA Linux+ Student Guide teaches the essential skills and information needed to troubleshoot and problem solve, helps learners understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security, and prepares candidates to take the CompTIA Linux+ certification exam (XK0-004).
It is recommended that students have one year of technical networking and Linux administration experience.
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following courses or have equivalent knowledge:
UNIX and Linux: Fundamentals
UNIX and Linux: Advanced User
CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (helpful, but not required)
- Lesson 1: Performing Basic Linux Tasks
- Lesson 2: Managing Users and Groups
- Lesson 3: Managing Permissions and Ownership
- Lesson 4: Managing Storage
- Lesson 5: Managing Files and Directories
- Lesson 6: Managing Kernel Modules
- Lesson 7: Managing the Linux Boot Process
- Lesson 8: Managing System Components
- Lesson 9: Managing Devices
- Lesson 10: Managing Networking
- Lesson 11: Managing Packages and Software
- Lesson 12: Securing Linux Systems
- Lesson 13: Working with Bash Scripts
- Lesson 14: Automating Tasks
- Lesson 15: Installing Linux
- After class you will understand how to:
- Perform basic Linux tasks.
- Manage users and groups.
- Manage permissions and ownership.
- Manage storage, Manage files and directories.
- Manage kernel modules. Manage the Linux boot process.
- Manage system components, Manage devices.
- Manage networking.
- Manage packages and software.
- Secure Linux systems.
- Write and execute Bash shell scripts.
- Automate tasks.
- Plan and perform a Linux installation.
Current Exam: LX0-104
Program Length (Weeks)
WIOA Approved Program
Curriculum Competency Based
CompTIA Linux+ Certification
343 Gorham Rd South Portland, ME
4 - Coastal Counties Local Area 4
Type of Attainment:
Certificates < 2yrs.
Name of Credential
CompTIA Linux+ Certification (LX0-104)
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - CompTIA
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$250.00 Courseware and Labs
$338.00 Exam Cost Exam Prep available $ 199.00
$2,495.00 5 Day Course, CompTIA Linux+
Total In-State Program Cost