Method of Delivery
Online, e-learning, or distance learning
Instructional Program (CIP)
A relational database application such as Microsoft® Office Access® can help you and your organization collect and manage large amounts of data. Access is a versatile tool. You can use it as a personal data management tool (for your use alone), or you can use it as a construction set to develop applications for an entire department or organization. In this course, you will use Access to manage your data, including creating a new database; constructing tables; designing forms and reports; and creating queries to join, filter, and sort data.
The target student has experience using Microsoft Windows 10 and wants to establish a foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Access 2019, including the skills necessary to create a new database, construct data tables, design forms and reports, and create queries.
- To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and use a browser to access websites. For example, you can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking any previous Microsoft Windows classes or experience.
Navigate within the Microsoft Access application environment, create a simple database, and customize Access configuration options.
Organize and manage data stored within Access tables.
Use queries to join, sort, and filter data from different tables.
Use forms to make it easier to view, access, and input data.
Create and format custom reports.
- 1. Getting Started with Access
- Launch Access and Open a Database
- Use Tables to Store Data
- Use Queries to Combine, Find, Filter, and Sort Data
- Use Forms to View, Add, and Update Data
- Use Reports to Present Data
- Get Help and Configure Options in Microsoft Access
- 2. Creating Tables
- Plan an Access Database
- Start a New Access Database
- Create a New Table
- Establish Table Relationships
- 3. Creating Queries
- Create Basic Queries
- Perform Calculations in a Query
- Sort and Filter Data in a Query
- 4. Creating Forms
- Start a New Form
- Enhance a Form
- 5. Creating Reports
- Start a New Report
- Enhance Report Layout
Program Length (Weeks)
WIOA Approved Program
343 Gorham Rd South Portland, ME
4 - Coastal Counties Local Area 4
Name of Credential
Access Level 1
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - Microsoft
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$150.00 Exam Cost
Total In-State Program Cost