Industry certification, Secondary school diploma, Employment, Measurable skills gain
Method of Delivery
Hybrid or blended
Instructional Program (CIP)
- Course Overview
- CompTIA Server+ is a global certification that validates the hands-on skills of IT professionals who install, manage, - and troubleshoot servers in data centers as well as on-premise and hybrid environments. CompTIA Server+ is the only certification that can ensure that IT professionals at the administrator level are able to do the job in any environment because it is the only certification not restricted to a single platform.
Learners will learn in this 5 day course the knowledge and skills required to install, configure, and manage server hardware and operating systems (OSs) by implementing proper security controls, successfully troubleshooting common server problems, and demonstrating an understanding of key disaster recovery concepts.
- This course is designed for IT professionals such as PC, desktop, and help desk technicians who have experience supporting PC hardware who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists. This course is also designed for existing server managers who are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-005.
- To ensure your success in your course you should have 18 to 24 months of hands-on experience with installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and network operating system issues. It is also recommended that you have the CompTIA A+ certification or the equivalent training and experience.
- Course Details
- Lesson 1: Understanding Server Administration Concepts
- Lesson 2: Understanding Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Lesson 3: Understanding Physical and Network Security Concepts
- Lesson 4: Managing Physical Assets
- Lesson 5: Managing Server Hardware
- Lesson 6: Configuring Storage Management
- Lesson 7: Installing and Configuring an Operating System
- Lesson 8: Troubleshooting OS, Application, and Network Configurations
- Lesson 9: Managing Post-Installation Administrative Tasks
- Lesson 10: Managing Data Security
- Lesson 11: Managing Service and Data Availability
- Lesson 12: Decommissioning Servers
- Configuring Networking
- Creating a Virtual Environment
- Performing Basic Server Configuration
- Administering the Server
- Implementing Storage Solutions
- Securing the Server
- Planning and Testing Disaster Recovery
Program Length (Weeks)
Combination of Education and Course(s)
WIOA Approved Program
Curriculum Competency Based
CompTIA Server+ (SK0-005)
343 Gorham Rd South Portland, ME
4 - Coastal Counties Local Area 4
Type of Attainment:
Postsec. Awards/Cert./Diplomas; <1 yr.
Name of Credential
CompTIA Server+ (SK0-005)
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
Maine Competitive Skills Scholarship
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - CompTIA
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$2,495.00 5 DayCourse
Total In-State Program Cost