at Kleinfelder in Portland, Maine, United States
Take Your Technical Career to the Next Level
Do you have a passion for design and engineering of multi-disciplinary projects and working with collaborative clients? Consider joining our team and work with peers who have vast industry knowledge and experience solving complex problems.
Step Into Your New Role
We are seeking a Water/Wastewater Project Manager to join our Northeast Area Water Team. The ideal candidate will thrive as a vital part of a solutions-focused and collaborative water team. They will have a commitment to quality, innovation, and excellence, while appreciating the growth opportunities and investment we make in our people.
This position will support our growing water market in New England with a focus on growth in Maine and New Hampshire. Candidates may choose to sit in our Manchester, New Hampshire or Portland, Maine Offices. Our regional water team includes over 60 local engineers and scientists as well a larger national community of practice. Our team takes a collaborative approach to project delivery, business development, and operational success that includes opportunity for professional development and career growth.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible hybrid work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we're committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive in a growing company.
Candidates must have strong technical expertise, specifically in municipal water and/or wastewater engineering and be fully capable of providing technical leadership and direction to project teams. Candidates must possess excellent organizational, communication and technical writing skills.
To qualify as a candidate, you must possess:
- Bachelor's of Science in Civil, Environmental, Chemical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of related process and design experience
- Professional Engineering Registration (required)
The selected candidate will work in our team-oriented environment, primarily providing municipal and utility clients with professional engineering services for water and/or wastewater systems.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Lead and participate in technical, cost, and scheduling decisions, ensuring company quality standards, and driving customer value.
- Lead and/or support projects for water and/or wastewater clients both new and long-term, supported by talented project teams of engineers, scientists, and planners to deliver a full range of water-related engineering services.
- Nurture and grow client relationships and contracts that include complex, multi-disciplinary projects in planning, design and construction.
- Participate in technical/project scoping activities and proposal presentations with targeted clients.
- Mentor the technical development of staff.
- Support multi-disciplinary projects, present at technical conferences and engage in technical committees.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity