at CDM Smith in Portland, Maine, United States
NOTE: We are primarily looking for candidates located in Colorado, Texas, Missouri or Kansas for time zone and potential on-site work if needed
CDM Smith is expanding our North America Unit marketing team! We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist with strong communication/facilitation, writing/editing, organizational, and time-management skills to join our team!
As a member of the CDM Smith team, you would contribute to our mission by:
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing strategies for marketing and business development efforts throughout the firm’s West Central Region.
- Developing, writing, editing, and proofreading content for proposals, presentations, resumes, project descriptions, and related marketing materials of a complex nature for our municipal water and environmental clients.
- Applying creativity/strategic insight while leading brainstorming, storyboarding, and other strategy development sessions.
- Utilizing a theme-based approach for the development of proposal and presentation efforts.
- Updating information in the CDM Smith firmwide database of resumes, project descriptions, proposals and qualification packages.
- Ensuring that marketing and visual presentation information and files are maintained and up to date.
- Being actively involved in the CDM Smith marketing discipline group by participating on task forces and committees, as needed.
- Developing business development, marketing, facilitation, and writing skills through internal and external training sources and associations membership and committee involvement.
Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 6 years of related experience.
- Domestic travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- B.A. or B.S. in Communications, English, Business, Journalism or related degree.
- Previous experience working for an architectural, engineering, or construction firm.
- Proficient in MS Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, and SharePoint applications; advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint, including use of styles and templates.
-Ability to effectively coordinate projects by communicating with remote team members.
- Experience in editing/proofreading narrative written by technical professionals.
- Practical experience in facilitating large and small groups in strategy and proposal development.
- The ability to work under rigid time constraints where a narrow margin for errors or delays is allowed.
- The ability to organize and negotiate on project schedules and manage multiple deadlines and assignments.
- Experience with business development/marketing process models (such as Dag Knudsen, Miller-Heiman, Shipley).
- Excellent command of grammar, the AP Style Manual, and spelling.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
**WhyTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account