at L.L. Bean, Inc. in Freeport, Maine, United States
We're hiring bilingual (French Canadian/English) Customer Service Home Agents to take incoming calls from our customers while working from home.
Fluency in both English and French is required.
All Applicants must reside in the state of Maine.
Pay Grade: 6
Starting pay is $20.08/hr. or more
2nd shift will earn an extra $1 after 6PM
This is an exciting opportunity for Year-Round Bilingual (French Canadian/English) Customer Service Home Agents (CSR2 level) to handle inbound and outbound contacts both from our English and French-speaking customers while working from home.
These successful candidates will be utilizing knowledge of company products, and/or services, handling in/outbound customer contacts that are predominantly routine in nature but may require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures and a higher level of interpretation and judgment.
Other tasks include:
- Using computerized systems for tracking, information gathering, and troubleshooting.
- Answering inquiries in French and English
- Resolving customer problems
- Promoting and selling products and services
- Entering and confirming sales
- Assessing customer needs and suggesting/promoting products or services
- Interacting with each customer providing world-class customer service focused on customer retention, sales & service
- Receives and processes customer requests using various channels of communication (e.g. Phone, mail, email, and electronic commerce).
- Navigates through systems to accurately process customer orders (understands and uses business unit rules as required (e.g. International).
- Makes outbound calls to follow up with customers as appropriate.
- Utilizes system resources to stay abreast of, and be able to share, company-specific information and to build/strengthen the customer's personal relationship with L.L.Bean.
- Handles escalated/irate customer calls, as necessary.
- Keeps abreast of all product information and responds to general product inquiries.
L.L.Bean Home Agents must be able to drive to Freeport, Bangor, or Ellsworth to complete Onboarding prework.
Our Customer Service Representatives are required to have the following schedule availability:
- 30+ hours per week
- Must be available at least one weekend day, and Monday, and Tuesday. Monday and Tuesday are our highest call volume days.
- First OR Second Shift availability during the following hours:
- First Shift (7AM-6:30PM)
- Second Shift (2PM-11PM)
A PC or laptop with a webcam. An internet connection - see specifications below.
Interviews, Quebecois language assessment, onboarding, and training are conducted over a TEAMS video call (similar to Zoom). Part of the interview is a computer skills assessment that is observed. Qualified candidates are asked to schedule their own interview and receive a TEAMS link in advance of the interview.
Once you are set up, virtual, web-based training classes are scheduled separately. Again, a web camera is required.
The L.L.Bean Home Agency program requires you to have the following in your proposed home office - you will be asked to send photos of your home office set up for approval.
A computer and Internet Service that meet all system requirements listed below.
NOTE: there are no exceptions:
- A Personal Computer
Windows or Mac only. Chromebooks/Chromium and other Operating systems are not compatible.
* Windows 10 or above (Windows S mode is not compatible)
* For Mac: macOS 12 or above
- A Webcam installed and ready to go
- A separate headset with a microphone with a USB connection is required for MS Teams video calls
- Monitor at least 17” (most Home Agents prefer 24”)
- 8 GB of RAM minimum, 16 GB preferred
- Full-size keyboard with the number pad
- Mouse with scroll wheel
- A separate keyboard and mouse with a scroll wheel is required if using a laptop
- Power strip surge protector
Minimum acceptable speeds are below. A faster service provides a better experience.
- Download – 25 Mbps
- Upload – 5 Mbps
- Satellite service are not allowed due to inconsistent service levels that have impacted customers.
- Modem/Router must have an available port for the phone connection. L.L.Bean provides an IP Phone which requires a wired internet connection to your modem/router.
- The modem must be accessible, within 10 feet of the phone, and have an available slot for the phone connection
L.L.Bean Home Agents must have an existing phone (Cell phone or existing landline in the event of an emergency).
Home office must be in Maine
A separate workspace in the house that is quiet and free from noise/distraction because:
- The Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards require customer information not to be viewed or overheard by third parties. For this reason, we have strict security standards that require a separate workspace.
- Customers should have a superior service experience when calling us – household noises such as dogs barking; clocks chiming, etc. can have a negative impact and must be avoided.
- A desk and chair that allows the Home Agent to work safely and comfortably (incorporate good ergonomics)
- Phone (VoIP)
- Headset, power brick, and cables
- Software downloads to access our L.L.Bean systems securely
We understand that it is everyone’s responsibility to create and foster an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves at work and make it easy for others to do the same.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Reside in the State of Maine
- Must be fluent in both English and French (Quebecois- French Canadian); Speaking, reading, and writing
- Demonstrate the L.L.Bean values of service, perseverance, respect, integrity, a love of the outdoors, healthy living, and a customer service orientation
- Ability to learn new systems quickly, and be motivated to help L.L.Bean maintain our stellar Brand Reputation
- Availability and flexibility to work varied hours to support the needs of the business
- Previous customer service experience is preferred