at Sherwin-Williams in AUBURN, Maine, United States
Customer Service Specialist – ( 23000FR2 )
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow, and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
At Sherwin-Williams, part of our mission is to help our employees and their families live healthier, save smarter, and feel better. This starts with a wide range of world-class benefits designed for you. From retirement to health care, from total well-being to your daily commute—it matters to us. A general description of benefits offered can be found at myswbenefits.com. Click on “Candidates” to view benefit offerings that you may be eligible for if you are hired as a Sherwin-Williams employee.
Where You’ll be Working
The individual selected for this role will be expected to work at Store #1875, located at:
445 Center St., Auburn, 04210
How You’ll Perform the Role
- Support the sales efforts at a Sherwin-Williams paint store, servicing wholesale and retail customers.
- Assist customers in person and over the phone by determining needs and presenting appropriate products and services
- Ensuring that sales transactions are completed accurately, maintaining precise work order files and formulas, pulling appropriate products from the sales floor or warehouse, and tinting and mixing them to customer specifications
- Assist in sourcing products required by customers that are not available in the store and, upon approval, place order and follow up as necessary.
- Be responsible for opening and closing the store, making bank deposits, stocking shelves and setting up displays, cleaning store equipment, and loading and unloading trucks.
Our Must Haves – These are our Basic Qualifications, hit apply if you meet all of them!
- 18 years of age or older
- Legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future
- Ability to distinguish the difference between colors, a skill used when color matching or tinting paint, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodation
- Operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, etc.) safely once trained, with or without reasonable accommodation
Extras to Help you Stand Out – These are not required for you to be eligible to apply.
- Experience in a delivery, retail sales or customer service position
- Ability to speak more than one language: preferably Spanish
- Possess a High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED)
- Valid driver’s license
What is the Process to get Started?
Step 1 – Online Application
- Find the role(s) that interest you on our Careers page: https://jobsearch.sherwin.com/
- Set aside 15 minutes to create your profile by entering or importing your details from one of our job board partners
Step 2 – Digital Interview
- Upon review of your application, qualified candidates will be invited to complete a digital video interview via HireVue, our interview partner. The interview will consist of a few behavioral based questions
- You’ll be able to record and complete your video interview anytime, anywhere! While you can complete this video interview on your own schedule, we ask that this step be completed within 7 days of receiving an invitation
Step 3 – In-Store Interview
- Your video interview is reviewed by our Recruitment team and our top candidates are invited to meet with our team in a store, specialty wholesale branch, floorcovering facility or delivery service terminal.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case and will impact where actual compensation may fall within the stated wage range. The wage range listed for this role takes into account the wide range of factors considered in making compensation decisions including skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled.
The wage range, other compensation, and benefits information listed is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.