at SMX in Augusta, Maine, United States
Senior Proposal Manager -Supervisory (2510)at SMX (https://www.smxtech.com/careers/)
SMX is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager-Supervisory to lead proposal efforts across multiple Business Groups and coordinate with assigned proposal team, Capture Leads, senior leadership, and technical personnel to organize, track, develop and deliver compliant, winning proposals. This role is a visible position that will primarily focus on proposals for Federal defense contracts. The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to supervise personnel, lead various sized proposal teams, analyze solicitations, and manage complex proposal schedules. This is a Remote position with preference in the Northern Virginia area.
- Manage all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meetings, schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure (Sections, C, L, and M) compliance, writing instructions and team guidance, and review team collaboration and coordination events
- Clarify, communicate, and enforce roles and responsibilities of proposal team members
- Provide and solicit updates on proposal progress via daily stand-up meetings; identify risks and develop associated mitigation activities to ensure successful proposal delivery
- Review and analyze proposal response for consistency, clarity, and compliance with solicitation requirements and alignment with proposed solutions and win themes
- Provide writers/SMEs with feedback as necessary to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies
- Lead color review recovery from post-review assessment to guiding implementation of approved content changes and modifications
- Supervise and lead team of Proposal Managers, setting annual performance goals and expectations, and supporting professional development
- Support development and refinements of established (Quality Management System aligned) proposal development process and documentation
- Support the development and maintenance of proposal content for content management system maturation and sustainment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (can be substituted with additional five-years of experience defined in following bullet)
- 10+ years of documented, relevant experience in Complex Proposal Management activities
- Proposal Management Certification (e.g., APMP Foundations)
- Advanced understanding and deployment of the proposal development lifecycle, Shipley and APMP methodologies, and other proposal development processes
- Documented proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced experience with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe
- Strong knowledge of MS Teams and SharePoint required
- Strong communication and organization skills to effectively communicate with teammates, colleagues, industry, and SMX SMEs and Leadership Teams
- Experience in development and coordination of Orals (e.g., slide presentation, talk track development, video development management)
- Working knowledge of U.S. Federal Procurements is a plus
- Documented experience managing proposals across multiple markets, including Defense, Commercial, and Cloud (public and private sector) Markets
- Documented experience managing GSA FEDSIM bids, to include Orals preparation and delivery
- Advanced Proposal Management Certifications (e.g., APMP Practitioner/Professional, Shipley Certified)
- Advanced proficiency with proposal management and collaboration tools, content management platforms, and configuration management tools [MS Teams, MS SharePoint, MS Office Suite of tools – (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio), Expedience, PerfectIT]
Our tradition of delivering innovative, technical solutions dates back to 1995, however, you may know us better by one of our legacy company names: Trident Technologies, Smartronix, Datastrong or C2S Consulting Group. With the support of OceanSound Partners, our private equity investment sponsor, we began operating as one business starting in 2019 and became SMX in 2021. We operate in close proximity to our clients around the globe and have core locations in Alabama, California, DC Metro, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts.
Today, as SMX, we are one team and together empower government and commercial enterprises to become more effective, innovative, and resilient, no matter what challenges they face.
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including disability and veterans.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account