at SMX in Augusta, Maine, United States
Senior Lead Financial Analyst (2500)at SMX (https://www.smxtech.com/careers/)
SMX is seeking a Senior Lead Financial Analyst who will demonstrate a deep expertise in contract financial management. They lead and administer overall budget preparation/estimating and tracking expenditures against large complex contracts and or programs. They are key members of the program management team and works directly with the Program Manager in defining the Contracts goals and objectives; and leads recommended actions to improve financial progress and performance. They have significant interface with the Program Manager, senior technical staff on the contract, as well as other functional organizations including Contracts, Subcontracts, Finance, Accounts Receivable, and Procurement. They will interface, provide direct analysis and or lead financial discussions with external clients such as the Contracting Officer and the Contracting Officer Representative. They oversee, manage work assignments and are career managers of a team of Financial Analyst(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific Duties will include the following:
1. Lead the financial management of a large contract by providing cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring and analysis support to the Program Manager. This includes developing Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and development of time-phased budgets and schedules.
2. Lead contract set up in compliance with contractual terms, conditions and requirements.
3. Prepare overall Contract financial Estimates at Complete (EAC) and meet deadlines for submission requirements.
4. Identify Contract risks, profit improvement opportunities and analytical analysis in working resolution with PM, Contracts, Procurement and Finance/Accounting.
5. Review and assess all contract modifications. Advise the program management team of impacts as necessary.
6. Monitor overall costs and manpower ensuring that actuals are within CLIN ceiling, CLIN budget and charged correctly.
7. Perform analytical review and arithmetic checks of contract level cost reporting documentation.
8. Prepare accurate and complete contract variance analysis and reporting.
9. Lead the development of Internal Program Review (IPR) presentations for management.
10. Prepare financial Contract Data Requirements (CDRL) for programs. Ensure contractual requirements are met and customer financial deliverables are accurate and on time.
11. Perform ad-hoc financial analysis on the contract as requested by PMO and others.
12. Monitor funding status, providing reliable and timely notification of funding status by line item detail as required.
13. Support accounts receivable as required during the billing processing. Monitor billing status and unbilled issues, working with Finance, Contracts, Accounting and PMO to resolve issues in a timely manner.
14. Prepare subcontractor and vendor accruals as services/goods are received in accordance with GAAP and internal policies to ensure that the project’s cost/commitment is accurately captured and reported internally and externally.
15. Ensure program revenue and profit is recorded in compliance with the EAC.
16. Analyze profit risks and opportunities and advise management on the optimal path forward.
17. Ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley, FAR and all company policies and procedures as they related to contract performance and financials.
18. Career manager for direct reports. Tasking includes but not limited to: time sheet approval/review, providing candid feedback concerning performance, preparing annual assessment(s), growing and developing skillset of their staff.
- 15 years’ experience with project cost control, or financial management and contract interpretation, budget development, including financial data, analysis.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in leading, managing and developing staff. Can work with staff to specify performance expectations (outcomes, deliverables, metrics).
- Deep functional knowledge of contract types and project control methods.
- Ability to build relationships across functional teams and internal Business Partners.
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Desired Experience BA/BS in Finance, Accounting and or Business.
US citizenship required for work under DOD contract
Our tradition of delivering innovative, technical solutions dates back to 1995, however, you may know us better by one of our legacy company names: Trident Technologies, Smartronix, Datastrong or C2S Consulting Group. With the support of OceanSound Partners, our private equity investment sponsor, we began operating as one business starting in 2019 and became SMX in 2021. We operate in close proximity to our clients around the globe and have core locations in Alabama, California, DC Metro, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts.
Today, as SMX, we are one team and together empower government and commercial enterprises to become more effective, innovative, and resilient, no matter what challenges they face.
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including disability and veterans.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.