at The Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine, United States
In Vivo Pharmacology runs pre-clinical studies for external customers in areas of Oncology, Neurobiology, Autoimmune Diseases. Working under limited supervision, the In Vivo Technologist II is fully proficient with latitude for independent judgement; performs advanced biomethods, including complex tasks, and highly developed procedures. Additional responsibilities include understanding study timelines and communicating issues effectively. The level II technologist is expected to proactively seek out new opportunities that will enhance the team such as serving as a mentor, checking for quality gaps, organizing lab spaces for inspections and audits and understanding scientific content. Staff members may be required to work weekend shifts, holidays, and overtime.
Key Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
*Technical Execution - Perform basic biomethods learned as an In Vivo Technologist and complex procedures, as required from the functional group requirements and study needs. Adhere to all SOPs, policies and regulatory procedures.
*Accurate data entry including lab IT systems and databases. Maintain appropriate documentation as required by protocols and SOP's.
*Training to perform above procedures to proficiency levels and/or participate in the development of new procedures.
*Lab Maintenance - Perform general lab sanitation, maintain consumables and reagents, and maintain equipment through calibration, validation and monitoring.
*Other duties as assigned
The wage range is $21.60 - $33.16 per hour. Pay will be determined based upon qualifications and experience.
* BS degree with 1 year of applicable work experience or High School diploma with 3 or more years' applicable work experience in a laboratory/animal care setting or all requirements for a Technologist II have been met.
* Capable of performing a wide range of animal biomethods, and/or complex procedures .
* Lab equipment operation experience.
* Excellent communication and listening skills with proven ability to effectively communicate with others both verbally and in writing to clearly and effectively exchange information. * Proven excellent writing skills.* Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Ability to work independently with minimal oversight. Ability to make decisions that adhere to all SOPs, policies and regulatory procedures.
* Able to work in in vitro and in vivo environments, especially with animal handling.
* Ability to work flexible shifts (evening/week-end/holiday)
The Jackson Laboratory is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center and nearly 3,000 employees in locations across the United States (Maine, Connecticut, California),Japan andChina. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
Founded in 1929, JAX applies over nine decades of expertise in genetics to increase understanding of human disease, advancing treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging and heart disease. It models and interprets genomic complexity, integrates basic research with clinical application, educates current and future scientists, and provides critical data, tools and services to the global biomedical community. For more information, please visit.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.