at Blessing Hands of Maine LLC in Gouldsboro, Maine, United States
- Provide service to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability, and/or other inflictions. Personal Care may include assistance with the activities of daily living, housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship, and respite,
- Responsible for ensuring service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies and industry standards.
- Reports to Supervisor.
- Assist with the activities of daily living and personal care including:
- bathing – shaving – ambulation
- mouth care – dressing – exercise
- hair care – feeding – toileting
- nail care – positioning – medication reminding
- skin care – transferring – vital signs and Blood Pressure
- Ensure client’s safety and security by supervising the home environment.
- Teach/perform meal planning and preparation, routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance, and encouragement of activities that stimulate the mind.
- Provides respite care for families in accordance with care plans.
- Perform/assist with essential shopping/errands, which may include handling the client’s money in accordance with the care plan and under the observation of the Supervisor.
- Assist clients with following a written, special diet plan and reinforcement of diet maintenance, which is provided under the direction of a Physician and as identified on the care plan.
- Escort clients to medical facilities, errands, shopping, and outings as specified in the care plan.
- Assist clients with communication by writing or typing correspondence for them or researching information for them.
- Participate on the Care Team by providing input and making suggestions.
- Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
- Monitor supplies and resources.
- Evaluate the program and make recommendations to it, as indicated.
- Follow the written care plan.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports behavior, physical and/or cognitive changes and/or changes in living arrangements to Supervisor.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
- Attend orientation, in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Communicate with Supervisor and co-workers.
- Observe, receive, and obtain information from relevant sources.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of personal care and home management skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal care services, including needs determinants, meeting quality standards and evaluation of client satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the English language.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat injuries including emergency first aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures such as maintaining records and completing forms.
- The ability to competently assist clients with their activities of daily living.
- The ability to be aware of other people’s reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- The ability to teach others.
- The ability to listen actively.
- The ability to identify problems and determine effective solutions.
- The ability to apply reason and logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of possible solutions.
- The ability to monitor and assess themselves, clients, and effectiveness of service.
- The ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- The ability to communicate information orally so others understand.
- The ability to communicate in writing so others understand.
- The ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- The ability to determine or recognize when something is likely to go wrong.
- The ability to suggest several ideas on a subject.
- The ability to perform activities that use the whole body.
- The ability to handle and move objects and people.
- The ability to provide advice and consultation to others.
- The ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- The ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with clients/families/co-workers.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Good physical and mental health.
- Physical ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and see.
- Mental fortitude and stability to handle stress.
- Physical and mental ability to drive a vehicle.
- High School Diploma or GED,
- Current driver’s license.
- Experience Required; PSS, CNA preferred. CRMA Preferred.