at Ramboll US Corporation in Portland, Maine, United States
This job can be performed from any New England Office
Ramboll has adopted a hybrid model of work, allowing a combination of remote and in-office employee engagement.
We are currently seeking a full-time Principal with business development talent to primarily support work focused on Health Sciences. You should have experience and expertise in any of the following disciplines:
* Risk Assessment
* Exposure Science
Practice or specialty areas may include:
* Regulatory science
* Occupational and building health
* Community health and risk assessment
* Sustainability, with focus on human health or product stewardship
* Air toxics
* Expert Services for the legal sector
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Identifying and pursuing business opportunities
* Managing projects, clients, and regulatory agency relations
* Demonstrating thought leadership, through activities such as presenting and publishing scientific findings, testifying at administrative and/or court hearings, and participating in local, national, and international scientific and trade group meetings
* Collaborating with colleagues across disciplines and business units
* Guiding staff in their careers and promoting staff development
* Applicants for a principal-level position will have demonstrated the ability to generate revenues sufficient to support 2-3 staff members
You will join Ramboll's global Health Sciences group within Ramboll Environment and Health
When you join us, you will provide technical and business leadership and will contribute to advanced solutions in the human health sciences or environmental sciences with applications to the pharmaceutical, chemical, manufacturing, energy, government, and/or legal sectors.
We are seeking a mature consultant who will focus on developing business that benefits from our technical expertise and global reputation. You must have experience managing consulting assignments, enjoy and work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams, and you are expected to be proficient in the analysis and communication of information. Your goal will be to work cooperatively with colleagues, agencies, and trade organizations to develop solutions that will guide risk-based decision-making. You must demonstrate a commitment to mentoring and developing staff.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world.
For this role, your starting point is:
* An academic degree in Public Health, Health Sciences, Environmental Sciences, or related discipline, including but not limited to epidemiology, toxicology, or exposure science
* 18+ years of experience in scientific consulting, including a track record of successful business development
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to manage external client and regulatory agency relationships and internal staff
* Demonstrated business development and leadership capabilities
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Being a confident communicator with superior management skills, having natural leadership talent, a collaborative attitude, the ability to motivate multidisciplinary teams across geographical borders, and the motivation and ability to generate and maintain business to support company growth.
How to apply
Please apply online, and attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.