at Lincoln Financial Group in Portland, Maine, United States
Alternate Locations: Work from Home; Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Austin, TX (Texas); Bakersfield, CA (California); Baltimore, MD (Maryland); Baton Rouge, LA (Louisiana); Birmingham, AL (Alabama); Boise, ID (Idaho); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Buffalo, NY (New York); Canonsburg, PA (Pennsylvania); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Chicago, IL (Illinois); Cincinnati, OH (Ohio); Clearwater, FL (Florida); Cleveland, OH (Ohio); Columbia, SC (South Carolina); Columbus, OH (Ohio); Concord, NH (New Hampshire); Dallas, TX (Texas); Deerfield Beach, FL (Florida); Denver, CO (Colorado); Detroit, MI (Michigan); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Durham, NC (North Carolina); Edina, MN (Minnesota); Edison, NJ (New Jersey); El Paso, TX (Texas); Ellicott City, MD (Maryland); Fayetteville, SC (South Carolina); Florence, SC (South Carolina); Fort Lauderdale, FL (Florida); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Fort Worth, TX (Texas); Gainsville, FL (Florida); Glen Allen, VA (Virginia); Glendale, CA (California); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Greenwood Village, CO (Colorado); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Houston, TX (Texas); Huntsville, AL (Alabama); Indianapolis, IN (Indiana); Irvine, CA (California); Jacksonville, FL (Florida); Johnson City, TN (Tennessee); Kansas City, KS (Kansas); Kansas City, MO (Missouri); La Jolla, CA (California); Lexington, KY (Kentucky); Los Angeles, CA (California); Louisville, KY (Kentucky); Lutherville, MD (Maryland); Madison, WI (Wisconsin); Memphis, TN (Tennessee); Miami, FL (Florida); Milwaukee, WI (Wisconsin); Minneapolis, MN (Minnesota); Nashville, TN (Tennessee); New Braunfels, TX (Texas); New York, NY (New York); None; Norwood, OH (Ohio); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Orlando, FL (Florida); Palm Desert, CA (California); Paramus, NJ (New Jersey); Parsippany, NJ (New Jersey); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Pittsburgh, PA (Pennsylvania); Plano, TX (Texas); Plymouth Meeting, PA (Pennsylvania); Portland, ME (Maine); Portland, OR (Oregon); Provo-Orem, UT (Utah); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Raleigh, NC (North Carolina); Richmond, VA (Virginia); Rochester, NY (New York); Rockville, MD (Maryland); Rolling Meadows, IL (Illinois); Rye Brook, NY (New York); Sacramento, CA (California); Salt Lake City, UT (Utah); San Antonio, TX (Texas); San Antonio, TX (Texas); San Diego, CA (California); San Francisco, CA (California); San Ramon, CA (California); Schaumburg, IL (Illinois); Scottsdale, AZ (Arizona); Seattle, WA (Washington); Southfield, MI (Michigan); St. Louis, MO (Missouri); St. Petersburg, FL (Florida); Syosset, NY (New York); Tampa, FL (Florida); Toledo, OH (Ohio); Tucson, AZ (Arizona); Tupelo, MS (Mississippi); US All Regions; US Midwest; US Northeast; US Southeast; US Southwest; US West; Vienna, VA (Virginia); Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia); Walnut Creek, CA (California); Washington, DC (District of Columbia); Westlake Village, CA (California); White Plains, NY (New York); Windsor, CT (Connecticut); Woodmere, OH (Ohio)
Remote : Work at home employee residing outside of a commutable distance to an office location.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 71374
General Purpose of Job
This position will provide leadership and direction to ensure group results for their assigned Reinsurance accounting area(s) of responsibility. They will direct the preparation, recording, analysis, and reporting of complex Reinsurance accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
The Role at a Glance
As the Director of Reinsurance, you will manage staff, help lead the onboarding of new strategic reinsurance transactions and administration existing reinsurance. Strategic reinsurance transactions involve accounting and administration complexities to be analyzed on a case by case basis as each transaction evolves. This role will require working with various business areas and key stakeholders to evaluate the structure of reinsurance transactions to identify and communicate accounting issues, propose accounting resolutions, and communicate status to accounting stakeholders. In this position you will collaborate within the Chief Accounting Office to provide clarity, on a GAAP and STAT basis, the reporting of new and existing reinsurance transactions. Oversee onshore and offshore affiliate captive reinsurance. Support the monthly and/or quarterly close process and reinsurance GAAP and Statutory financial reporting requirements.
What you’ll be doing
Evaluate reinsurance transactions, their structure and financial accounting implications of these transactions.
- Ability to read reinsurance treaty agreements and apply concepts in the agreements to the appropriate accounting and administrative approach.
- Research accounting guidance and apply appropriate accounting guidance to complex reinsurance transactions and structures.
- Understand, evaluate, and conclude on risk transfer as it applies to new transactions on both a GAAP and Statutory basis.
- Collaborate on proforma financial statements for new and/or amended reinsurance accounting transactions.
- Review and analyze proforma financial statements to determine impacts of the transactions to the enterprise and ensure proforma financial statement reporting is accurate.
- Explain the financial statement impacts of the reinsurance transaction to key stakeholders and leaders.
- Evaluate treaty administrative implications of reinsurance structures to ensure the Reinsurance Accounting team can support ongoing administrative requirements.
- Responsible for Reinsurance reporting, internal and external, on new and current reinsurance transactions.
- Support a timely and accurate monthly and quarterly financial close process.
- Understand the relationship of applicable systems and data required to account for and support administration of new transactions as applicable.
- Develop control processes to ensure effective procedures are in place to support internal operating and SOX controls as new transactions are established.
- Identify and recommend best practice opportunities to improve efficiencies as new reinsurance processes are established.
- Provide training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and give honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Establish and implement individual and team priorities, performance goals and objectives .
- Manage and evaluate individual/team performance and take appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards.
- Ensure that top talent is hired and retained to support these responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with internal/external auditors as applicable and ensure identified issues are resolved in a collaborative manner.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
What we’re looking for
10+ Years of experience years in accounting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree
- CPA Certification required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among seniTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account