at Central Maine Motors Auto Group in Waterville, Maine, United States
Central Maine Motors Auto Group is hiring for an Experienced Body Shop Technician at Central Maine Motors Collision Center. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a trusted, well respected, family owned business that is continually expanding. We are a reputable Company that rewards hard work and excellence with a pleasant, relaxed work environment. We have an opening for an experienced Body Shop technician that is seeking to join a top notch organization with numerous advancement opportunities available.
At Central Maine Motors, our teams of highly trained and skilled technicians work hard to ensure every customer leaves the shop happy and satisfied. If you like to work in a fast paced environment and want to work for a company that knows what it means to take care of people, then this might be the job for you! Our shop is clean, current on technology, service information and networking and is booming with business!
The Body Shop Technician plays an integral role in the success of the Collision Repair Center. As a Body Shop Technician, you will be responsible for repairing damaged vehicles using a wide array of tools to make the vehicle look as good as new, in accordance with manufacturer and insurance standards and while keeping customer satisfaction in mind.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL DUTIES
- Assesses and analyzes repair orders and plans work to be performed.
- Collaborates with Parts Advisor and other Collision Repair staff to procure parts and/or accessories required for repair.
- Performs repair work on damaged vehicles using various tools such as pneumatic hammers, pullers, shears, trim and/or molding tools, wrenches, welding equipment, power grinders and other tools to cut off old parts, connect new parts, fill holes, and repair scratches, dents and dings.
- Replaces vehicle glass.
- Documents work performed on repair orders.
- Reviews completed work to ensure quality of repairs.
- Performs work according to policies and procedures, and maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Completes and maintains Factory and Dealer training.
- Accurately records time spent on repairs utilizing company time clocking procedures.
- Advises Body Shop Foreman or Body Shop Manager of any supply issues or concerns with tools or equipment.
The Body Shop Technician may be required to perform work inside and outside, in all temperature and weather situations. Sound and noise levels may be distracting or uncomfortable. The employee frequently works around hazardous machinery, in confined work spaces and may be exposed to high temperatures, fumes, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The position requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time, manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 100 pounds.