at County of Aroostook in Houlton, Maine, United States
Are you ready for a career change to public service?
- Are you looking to make a positive difference in your community?
- Full-Time starting pay is $18.50 per hour.
- Overtime opportunities are available almost weekly.
- Pay raises are yearly and adjust to inflation!
- If you are, the Aroostook County Sheriff’s Office has part-time AND full-time Corrections Officer positions for immediate hire.
- We offer competitive pay, Maine Public Employees Retirement, paid training, paid vacation, and paid sick time.
- We work 12-hour shifts, and we have every other weekend off.
- There are no running requirements or physical agility tests required for the position. You must be able to pass a basic physical and work in a multiple-level building with stairs.
We have an excellent record of jail inspections and have some of the most experienced corrections staff in the State of Maine. Our Corrections Officers are the best in the State because they have the dedication to duty, training, support, and, most importantly, a heart to serve the community. The job is not easy, and not everyone can do it, but please apply if you think you can.
We will train you to our standards and send you to the Maine Criminal Justice Academy Basic Corrections School for five weeks of paid training. Upon graduation from the Academy, you will be a Certified Corrections Officer in the State of Maine. The Basic Corrections School is mandatory and must be passed within one year of employment.
Apply today to join our Team!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $39,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Maine Driver's License (Required)
To request an application please email email@example.com. Submit the completed application, cover letter and current resume to: Commander Craig Clossey, 15 Broadway, Houlton, ME 04730. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
AROOSTOOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.