at Downeast Transportation in Ellsworth, Maine, United States
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
Island Explorer Shuttle Operators are responsible for providing safe and efficient transportation for Mount Desert Island residents and visitors. Operators will act as ambassadors for Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park by greeting and providing information to all passengers.
Duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Providing safe transportation to residents and visitors of Mount Desert Island.
- Following the policies and procedures for safe operation of Island Explorer Buses as defined in the Downeast Transportation Inc. Guidelines.
- Operating vehicles along pre-determined routes and schedules in an efficient manner.
- Greeting each passenger as they enter the bus.
- If the Annunciator fails, announcing the location of each stop.
- Tracking the number of riders entering and exiting the bus at each location.
- Performing and logging daily vehicle inspections.
- Reporting vehicle damage or maintenance concerns to operations manager. Damage resulting from an accident/incident requires that operators fill out a Vehicle Incident Report which is turned in to the Operations Manager.
- Making decisions and resolving issues in a positive and friendly manner when, confronted by rider generated concerns.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or Shift Supervisor which enhance the operation of the Island Explorer shuttle system.
- Cleaning the bus at the beginning of shift and picking up all litter at the end of shift.