at Meta in Augusta, Maine, United States
Meta is seeking a Research Scientist to join our productionization of AI Research Team, a research to production organization focused on making significant progress in AI and being a bridge between AI research and Meta Platforms products. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in computer vision.
Research Scientist, Computer Vision Generative AI (PhD) Responsibilities:
1. Develop algorithms and models based on state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning advancements, especially in the areas of generative AI (e.g. image, video, or 3d generation).
2. Contribute to research to production efforts that advance Meta Platforms products.
3. Conduct and collaborate on efforts within a globally-based team.
4. Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree in the field of Computer Science, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
5. Research experience in computer vision.
6. Proven publications in computer vision or artificial intelligence at peer-reviewed conferences (e.g. CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, or SIGGRAPH, etc.).
7. Experience in developing and debugging in C/C++, Python, C#, or similar programming language.
8. Experience manipulating and analyzing data from varying sources.
9. Experience in theoretical and empirical research and in addressing research problems.
10. Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
11. Research experience in image generation, video generation, diffusion models, large-scale training, or generative AI.
12. First author publications in computer vision or artificial intelligence at peer-reviewed conferences (e.g. CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, or SIGGRAPH, etc.).
13. Experience to apply research to problems related to products.
14. Research and engineering experience demonstrated via grants, fellowships, patents, internships, work experience, and/or coding competitions.
15. Experience solving complex problems and comparing alternative solutions, tradeoffs, and diverse points of view to determine a path forward.
16. Experience working and communicating cross functionally in a team environment.
17. Experience communicating research for public audiences of peers.
$116,000/year to $168,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta’s Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law