at Paradigm Operating Company., LLC in Portland, Maine, United States
GENERAL SUMMARY: The assembly worker actively assists in the manufacturing and assembly process of our windows and doors. You will work with raw materials to build and assemble components to our windows and doors. This is an entry level position. No experience? We will train the right candidate!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clips, screws, cements, or otherwise fastens parts together with hand tools or by hand.
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Tends automated machines such as weather-stripping machines and corner cleaners in various operation stages on assembly line.
- Uses air screw guns to install window hardware.
- Works at different workstations as production needs require.
- Cuts and places matched pairs of window frames into carts that will be used at different stages on the window line.
- This person needs to work as an effective team member in close proximity with other employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to trouble shoot problems quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure, effective at handling stress and tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to read and communicate in English
- Must have good hand dexterity and attention to detail.
- Must be able to stand, bend, twist and perform all physical functions of the position.
- Must be able to communicate and read in English. Ability to communicate with co-workers and understand written instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals (Must be able to read and understand the U.S. measurement system to 1/32 of an inch.).
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting for 1+ years a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to work in a loud and fast paced environment, make good judgements, and assist when necessary.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 10 hours, and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (Must be comfortable performing repetitive tasks using arms and hands).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High school education or GED
- 1 year experience in production / assembly environment or proficiency with power tools (i.e. carpentry experience or combination of education and experience.) ** Will train with no experience
- Will demonstrate, promote, and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in Safety Obsessed, Respect in Unity, Quality Craftsmanship, Customer Commitment and Improving Together.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.