at Midcoast Maine Community Action in Bath, Maine, United States
If you like working with kids and families and have an interest in child and family health, Midcoast Maine Community Action is looking for Health Assistant to work with the Health and Nutrition Manager in implementing the health component of the Head Start program. This person will be responsible for intake and assisting with initial vision and hearing screening of new students, serving as primary contact between the program and local pediatrician offices, communicating with parents regarding health requirements and specific issues that arise, and collecting and maintaining participant health records. The position is based in Bath, ME, with some travel between MMCA agency Head Start/Early Head Start centers in Newcastle, Bath and Brunswick.
The successful candidate must have an associate degree in Health/Medical Assisting or a closely related field, or comparable experience and an interest in child health including but not limited to: prevention, early intervention, and health maintenance practices. Graduation from a Practical Nursing program and LPN licensure preferred.
Other necessary skills include:
- Data entry, word processing, database applications, and reporting;
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with colleagues and community professional groups;
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks;
- Knowledge of and ability to screen hearing and vision; and
- Commitment to maintaining client and agency confidentiality in accordance with agency policy and HIPAA regulations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, adequate automobile insurance per state standards, and access to reliable transportation; compliance with MMCA policies pertaining to safe vehicle operation required.
- Prior to starting employment, must be able to pass fingerprinted criminal background, child protective services, sex offender registry, and motor vehicle record checks, as required by state and federal childcare licensing regulations, that indicate no previous record of involvement with child abuse or exploitation and no disqualifying criminal or motor vehicle record that would preclude working with children.
- Persons offered employment must also provide a physician’s health statement, immunization records, and TB screening. Proof of full vaccination against COVID is required as a condition of employment unless exemption for medical or religious reasons is requested and approved in accordance with law.
- In accordance with Federal office of Head Start requirements all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Medical/disability or religious exemptions may be requested and will be reviewed in accordance with State/Federal Laws.
Rate of pay will be dependent upon experience and other qualifications.
This position is full-time [37.5 hours] and benefits eligible. MMCA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance; employer-paid life and disability insurance; financial support for professional development; paid vacation and sick/personal time; 13 paid holidays plus 2 floating holidays; and a 403(b)-retirement plan with agency contribution after one year.
Please forward a cover letter, resume with complete work history, and contact information for three professional references to Mid coast Maine Community Action.
Positions remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Midcoast Maine Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.