at Midcoast Maine Community Action in Bath, Maine, United States
The whole Family Coach will meet with clients, including family members, to build rapport and obtain relevant information in order to assess and prioritize their needs and develop a case plan. This person will also identify, develop, and coordinate a network of services and resources tailored to the needs and interests of the client, and will act as a liaison between clients and agencies, assisting clients with completion of applications for services and arranging for delivery of services as indicated in the case plan.
Other responsibilities include:
- Establishes relationships with other service providers and area agencies in order to develop and maintain a network of resources for emergency food, shelter, clothing and other assistance.
- Maintains ongoing contact with clients and agencies to reassess and monitor goals, and to follow up on compliance with services.
- Performs chart management activities that support the objectives of the program, keeps records as required by program and funding sources, records contacts made with clients and families, and collects data to complete program reports as requested.
- Participates in chart review, case consultation and supervisory meetings; participates in clinical supervision if required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field required; current or conditional state of Maine licensure in Social Work preferred.
- At least one year of experience working in a social service-based program required.
- Experience working with high-risk populations, working with young children, and delivering education programs and individual counseling preferred.
- Familiarity with Head Start Performance Standards preferred.
- Knowledge of the needs of low-income persons, local social services programs, and resources available to assist families and individuals.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; good listening skills and demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written form.
- Proficiency with computers and use of Microsoft Office plus other software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and to show patience, empathy, tact, discretion, and sound judgment in dealing with clients; must be able to engage people with respect and dignity to promote feelings of trust and security.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, adequate automobile insurance per state standards, and access to reliable transportation; compliance with MMCA policies pertaining to safe vehicle operation required.
Prior to starting employment, must be able to pass fingerprinted criminal background, child protective services, sex offender registry, and motor vehicle record checks, as required by state and federal childcare licensing regulations, that indicate no previous record of involvement with child abuse or exploitation and no disqualifying criminal or motor vehicle record that would preclude working with children.
Persons offered employment must also provide a physician’s health statement, immunization records, and TB screening. Proof of full vaccination against COVID is required as a condition of employment unless exemption for medical or religious reasons is requested and approved in accordance with law.
In accordance with Federal office of Head Start requirements all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Medical/disability or religious exemptions may be requested and will be reviewed in accordance with State/Federal Laws.
Rate of pay will be dependent upon experience and other qualifications.
This position is full-time [37.5] and benefits eligible. MMCA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance; employer-paid life and disability insurance; financial support for professional development; paid vacation and sick/personal time; 13 paid holidays plus 2 floating holidays; and a 403(b) retirement plan with agency contribution after one year.
Please forward a cover letter, resume with complete work history, and contact information for three professional references to Mid coast Maine Community Action.
Positions remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Midcoast Maine Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.