at TEMPO Employment Services in Mars Hill, Maine, United States
Job DescriptionHuman Resources Specialist
Mars Hill, ME – FT/Days – Permanent Opportunity
Immediate opening for a Human Resources Specialist to work for a well-established business in Mars Hill. This opportunity offers an excellent daytime schedule and competitive pay and benefits. Great fit for an individual with strong communication skills and formal human resources background. Full-Time/Days; 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday; $19.00 - $20.00/hr.; PTO, health/dental/vision insurance, and retirement benefits.
The Human Resources Specialist will perform a variety of administrative tasks and tend to the company’s staffing and HR needs. Duties will include managing employee recruitment, conducting interviews and orientations, overseeing benefits enrollment, planning company events, organizing payroll information, and managing coverage for employee leave. Desired candidates will have polished written and verbal communication skills, as well as two or more years of formal education or professional experience in human resources roles.
- Coordinate a variety of administrative duties to meet the organization’s hiring goals.
- Answer phones, emails, and assist scheduled visitors in a friendly and professional manner.
- Photocopy, fax, and file documentation in accordance with company policy.
- Review applications and interview candidates for job openings.
- Conduct employee on-boarding processes and host orientations for new hires.
- Track and coordinate benefit enrollments.
- Organize, review, and record data for payroll and attendance records.
- Respond to employees’ questions about wages, benefits, and job performance.
- Coordinate FMLA and Leave of Absence requests.
- Plan, organize, and attend company events and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent education, training and/or experience in Human Resources.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and Print Shop).
- Previous experience processing payroll records.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional attitude in dealing with personnel issues and handling confidential information.
Schedule: Full-time/Days; 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday.
Pay: $19.00 - $20.00/hr. and PTO, health/dental/vision insurance, and retirement benefits.
TEMPO Employment Services is an EEO/AA employer.