at Midcoast Maine Community Action in Bath, Maine, United States
MMCA is currently seeking qualified applicants for an Early Childhood Education Coach in our Early Head Start/Head Start Programs. This position works in collaboration with Head Start management staff, content experts and a team of colleagues to ensure that EHS/HS educational services, including special education services, are delivered consistency and reliably throughout the programs The Education Coach implements research-based, coordinated coaching strategies that incorporate mentoring and tutoring staff in provision of classroom-based and home-based education services. At least 50% of the time will be in classrooms providing support.
The Education Coach will conduct regular classroom visits to observe teaching methods of staff and monitor activities and interactions between staff and children to ensure conformance with Head Start performance standards. The Coach models effective teacher practices directly related to those standards and makes recommendations regarding improving teaching practices. Additionally, this person will assess teaching staff to identify their strengths, areas of needed support, and who would benefit from intensive coaching; will provide opportunities for practice-based coaching that allow staff to be observed at work and receive specific feedback; and will ensure that intensive coaching for staff aligns with the program’s school readiness goals, curricula, and other approaches to professional development. This position is based in Bath, ME central office but travel to Head Start centers in Brunswick, Newcastle and Whitefield will be required.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supporting individual training needs identified in staff personal professional development goals;
- Coordinating special education services with CDS and other providers;
- Coordinating mental Health consultation provided by a contractor;
- Seeking out and providing other forms of research-based professional development;
- Analyzing assessment data to identify program needs, determine effectiveness of content and teaching methods, and develop and implement professional development plans and coaching strategies aligned with program goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education or a closely related field required. Masters’ Degree in Early Childhood Education or closely related field preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of prior experience in a related position, including experience in early care and education for ages birth to 5 years required. Administrative experience and experience in teacher training and adult learning essential.
- Experience and/or training in special education preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and related software including word processing, spreadsheet applications, and database applications required. Ability to analyze and use data to drive decision-making
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with diverse professional and community groups required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships as part of a collaborative, multi-specialty team essential.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, adequate automobile insurance per state standards, and access to reliable transportation; compliance with MMCA policies pertaining to safe vehicle operation required.
- Prior to starting employment, must be able to pass fingerprinted criminal background, child protective services, sex offender registry, and motor vehicle record checks, as required by state and federal childcare licensing regulations, that indicate no previous record of involvement with child abuse or exploitation and no disqualifying criminal or motor vehicle record that would preclude working with children.
- Persons offered employment must also provide a physician’s health statement, immunization records, and TB screening. Proof of full vaccination against COVID is required as a condition of employment unless exemption for medical or religious reasons is requested and approved in accordance with law.
- In accordance with Federal office of Head Start requirements all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Medical/disability or religious exemptions may be requested and will be reviewed in accordance with State/Federal Laws.
Pay range is $20.00 to $22.00; rate of pay will be dependent upon experience and other qualifications. The Early Childhood Education Coach is also currently eligible for a $200-per-month-bonus.
This position is full-time (37.5 hours per week) and is benefits eligible. MMCA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance; employer-paid life and disability insurance; financial support for professional development; paid vacation and sick/personal time; 13 paid holidays plus 2 floating holidays; and a 403(b) retirement plan with agency contribution after one year.
Please forward cover letter, resume with complete work history and contact information for three professional references.
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
MIDCOAST MAINE COMMUNITY ACTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, and physical or mental disability.