at Vortex Services, LLC in Livermore, Maine, United States
VORTEX SERVICES, LLC is seeking a GIS Technician for our Livermore, Maine location.
Want to be part of one of the country’s fastest growing infrastructure businesses? The Vortex Companies, LLC delivers cutting edge trenchless technologies and turnkey services to make the worlds water cleaner and we’re growing every day! We think BIG about solving the world’s toughest challenges in failing water, sewer and industrial infrastructure.
At Vortex, you will be surrounded with a culture that puts your safety first in all we do. If you like a fast-paced environment, a team structure that provides support, training, and development, then apply today!
A GIS Technician will support the ongoing operation, maintenance, and dissemination of data applications in the GIS environment with a focus on pipeline condition assessment data.
- Responsible for the ongoing spatial data maintenance and dissemination, end user support and the generation of maps and other GIS reports used to map and report on buried infrastructure projects of the company and its customers
- Provide technical expertise related specifically to GIS and pipeline condition assessment databases for municipal infrastructure
- Responsible for compiling and organizing GIS data from maps, databases, ect.
- Responsible for the collection of data in the field using Global Positioning Systems (GPS) units and working closely with field inspection technicians
- Responsible for the daily reporting and editing of municipal infrastructure data
- Ensure that quality assurance on new or revised data conforms to standard laid out in the GeoDatabase or any other applicable standard or policy
- Responsible for the conversion, import, in and out of the GIS systems and the CCTV inspection databases
- Prepare regular status reports and workload reports for the operations management team
- Communication Written and Verbal Proficiency, Diplomatic and Conflict Resolution skills.
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills and ability to take decisive action.
- Time and Organization Management.
- Collaboration and Team Leadership; ability to multitask and handle competing priorities between business needs, organizational issues, and sound customer relations.
- Strong Sense of Urgency and Initiative.
- Confidentiality and Possesses Sound Judgment to know when to escalate appropriately up the chain of command.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Flexibility and Adaptability.
- Technical Capacity.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Minimum two-year college diploma in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Engineering Technology, or equivalent
- 1 to 3 Years’ experience and knowledge with GIS databases and editing using ESRI ArcGIS software
- Must have a current Class C Driver’s license consistent with Vortex standards and ability to drive company vehicle
- Current NASSCO PACP certification or the ability to gain certification in first 90 days of employment
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Able to complete OSHA10, First Aid, CPR and Confined Space Requirements
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks and lift over 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-except, office & field-based work, Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday - Flexibility is required as job duties demand.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including health, vision, and dental insurance, 401K retirement plan, income protection insurance, off the job accident insurance, PTO and more!
Vortex Services, LLC, A Vortex Company and all subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account