at Vortex Services, LLC in Livermore, Maine, United States
**STABLE JOB INDUSTRY**
Want to be part of one of the country’s fastest growing infrastructure businesses? The Vortex Companies, LLC delivers cutting edge trenchless technologies and turnkey services to make the worlds water cleaner and we’re growing every day! We think BIG about solving the world’s toughest challenges in failing water, sewer and industrial infrastructure.
At Vortex, you will be surrounded with a culture that puts your safety first in all we do. If you like a fast-paced environment, a team structure that provides support, training, and development, then apply today!
- Perform maintenance and repairs such as tune-ups and oil changes, checks tires and brakes, replaces spark plugs and engages in other similar tasks.
- Performs general overhaul and repair work on gasoline, diesel and propane powered engines such as automobiles, trucks, tractors, and other automotive and mechanical equipment at off-site locations and at the garage.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs general repairs to manufacturers specifications including engines (gasoline, diesel and propane powered), transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition, electrical systems, brakes and HVAC systems.
- Replacing batteries, starters, and lights.
- Test drives vehicles to ensure repairs are completed property.
- Cleans the shop and returns tools to proper location.
- Maintains inventory of replacement parts and equipment.
- Inspects tools and equipment to ensure they are in working order.
- Updates maintenance and repair logs for vehicles.
- Inspects, adjusts and replaces necessary parts including valves, hoses, belts and alternators.
- Repairs cooling, fuel, electrical and exhaust systems.
- Performs required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of vehicle repair.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to use power and hand tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely fashion.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related experience preferred.
Vortex Companies, LLC and all subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, handicap or veteran status.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account