at The Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine, United States
This Jackson Laboratory is seeking 2 summer interns ideally from Maine Maritime Academy, who is majoring in International Business & Logistics. The time range would meet the Maine Maritime Academy Co-Op requirements of a minimum of 90 days. Target start date would be between April 19th-May 3rd through August 20th, but available for flexibility.
THIS IS A REMOTE INTERNSHIP.
General work plan for Internship students:
1. Shadow meetings discussing international business process flow, logistics, and other relatable topics. Take notes, distribute action items, and identify people to complete them.
2. Assist in the management of temperature control studies throughout the domestic and international network and report on trends.
3. Assist in day to day work flow within the Logistics department to get an overall feeling of what the department handles
5. Ad hoc assistance to the Logistics, International Customer Service teams, and Breeding Project Management teams, as needed.
6. Identify a point of interest for their co-op project and work with the logistics team and other supporting departments to obtain necessary information and execute their initiatives appropriately.
The ideal candidate is a strong critical thinker with great attention to detail and will be encouraged to voice their ideas regarding process improvement and new ideas that generate a positive impact on the Jackson Lab as a whole. Bonus traits would be exceptional math and analytical skills. This internship will allow for flexibility based off of the logistical tasks at hand that are presented on a week to week basis. The wage range is $18 - $25 per hour. Pay will be determined based upon qualifications and experience
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,400 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients' lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 "Best Places to Work in Academia" in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.