at MaineHealth in Brunswick, Maine, United States
* Under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse and according to defined policies and procedures, performs various service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required. Must complete one year in an accredited nursing program to be eligible to apply for this externship program.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
1. Education: Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe and communicate approved provider's orders at a level normally acquired through a high school education. Participates in ongoing education relative to role as defined.
2. License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry.
3. Experience: N/A
4. Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
5. Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors and hospital employees.
6. Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Mid Coast Hospital.
MaineHealth was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, "Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America." MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account