at Northeast Bank in Lewiston, Maine, United States
Northeast Bank is a Maine-based, full-service community bank and a national commercial real estate lender with offices in Boston, New York, Miami and LA. We are looking for motivated and talented individuals who want to make an impact in a growing company that cares about its employees, customers, and the communities it serves. Northeast Bank provides competitive compensation and benefits, generous PTO, and a hybrid work environment dependent on the role. If you are looking for a growing organization that prioritizes its employees, we encourage you to apply.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Deposit Services Specialist is a member of the Deposit Services team supporting the Banks efforts and providing Quality Control. Ownership in areas of operational expertise including but not limited to: Comprehending and executing on process documentation such as wires, levies & garnishments, trusts, individual/joint accounts, individual retirement accounts, specialty accounts, and other deposit specialized tasks. This position will be required to contribute and advocate for efficiency within the department and the Banking Centers. Responsible for the validity of the Bank’s customer data on the Customer Information System and ensuring all deposit account documentation follows Federal and State regulations and Bank Policy.
- Maintain awareness of and adherence to Bank’s compliance requirements and risk management concepts, expectations, policies, and procedures and apply them to daily tasks
- Individually participates in identifying, measuring, monitoring, controlling, and mitigating departmental and enterprise-wide risks
- Maintains an effective relationship with the Jack Henry Support team to manage any issues that surface
- Deliver high level, consistent service within the company’s standards of expectations
- Create and execute deposit operations strategies, objectives, goals, and processes that are scalable, support the bank
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner and communicate issues which puts work outside of the normal expectations
- Participates, encourages, and promotes process improvements and efficiency changes on behalf of the department
- Self-motivated and strong organization/time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Incumbent is responsible for understanding and communicating the entire process of expected work
- Supports the Banks sales effort by providing a Quality Control of all transactions and documentation, ensuring that applicable items are within compliance
- Maintains a current knowledge and understanding of ACH/NACHA rules
- Edits, reviews, and maintain accurate account, customer, and system information
- Maintains confidential customer information
- Provide support on Bank Projects, actively participating as a matter expert in their respective area of knowledge
- Successfully pass technical and regulatory examinations by the Company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to detect and resolve problems
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage expectations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proficiency on Microsoft Word and Excel
- High degree of confidentiality required
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of the Bank’s applications supporting customer information preferred
- Associate degree or 3-5 years ‘in relevant experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25lbs.
- Consistently operates a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine and printers.
- Must express or exchange ideas and meaning with co-workers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
Northeast Bank is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national original, veteran status and any other classification protected by Law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.