at MaineHealth in Portland, Maine, United States
This is an exciting opportunity for a Simulation Specialist to join our talented team at the Hannaford Center for Safety, Innovation & Simulation. Maine Medical Center, the largest hospital in the MaineHealth system and the State of Maine, is currently undergoing a $500 million expansion. It is a unique academic teaching hospital with simulation programming for:
* Residents and fellows in more than 20 programs
* 120 medical students from Tufts University School of Medicine
* Interprofessional clinical teams from multiple service lines throughout MMC/MH
* Systems testing of clinical spaces and processes
The Sim Center facilitates more than 500 events and approximately 20,000 learner contact hours annually. The successful candidate will join a team of 14 in producing simulation events using high-fidelity manikins, Standardized Patients (SPs), and task trainers. Most events occur in a 18,000-square foot sim center but increasingly our events are occurring in situ in units at MMC and across MH, and, in some cases, with virtual and augmented reality components.
This position is vital to delivering highly realistic simulated clinical scenarios, including:
* Ensuring simulation equipment functionality aligns with stated scenario objectives
* Ensuring quality by collaborating with faculty before and after scenarios to revise scenario templates
* Preparing room set-ups and necessary manikin moulage and props in advance of scenarios
* Providing active patient voice and manikin programming during scenarios
* Transporting, setting up, and operating equipment for in-situ scenarios
* Collaborating with simulation staff to facilitate events that require multiple modalities
* Ensuring scheduled or unscheduled repair and maintenance of simulation equipment is completed
* Collaborating with simulation staff, IS department, and/or vendors to troubleshoot AV and simulation equipment
* Contributing to the Sim Center's research efforts and strategic initiatives
* Serving as an instructor in faculty development activities
* Proctoring CVL and POCUS credentialing check-offs for providers
In addition, Simulation Specialists are also encouraged to pursue Professional Development opportunities that allow for internal and external collaboration throughout the MaineHealth system locally and simulation community globally.
- Submitting a cover letter is encouraged by our hiring team!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Education: Associates degree or related education.
Experience: 5 years in direct patient care preferred, with preference for experience with sophisticated physiologic monitoring devices or 5 years of simulation experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology; high degree of comfort with computer technology; high level interpersonal skills to work with clinicians and medical staff at all levels of medical care.
MaineHealth was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, "Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America." MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
Additional Information Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 700-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a... For full info follow application link.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.