at Hearst Argyle Properties dba WMTW Broadcast Group in Westbrook, Maine, United States
WMTW has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative and have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news, and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
- Selecting, researching, and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers.
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production.
- Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with a team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
- In-person attendance is required.
- 2 years producing experience.
- Creative presentation style.
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure, and knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
- Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends, and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.