at Maine College of Art & Design in Portland, Maine, United States
Job DescriptionPosition Overview
Maine College of Art & Design (MECA&D) seeks a collaboratively minded individual to serve as Maintenance Technician, joining our group of committed faculty and staff who are passionate about art, education, and community. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining both the functionality and the cleanliness of an assigned student residence hall. In addition this position will be the point person for all sub contractor visits and deliveries to the assigned residence hall and other campus buildings as needed. This involves coordinating with other MECA&D staff, students, and vendors to support the function of the facilities. Maine College of Art and Design recognizes that diversity is integral to the academic experience and strives to foster an inclusive culture defined by respect, equity and social responsibility. All employees are expected to actively support these values.Position Details
- General cleaning and maintenance in one of the residence halls. Provide maintenance as needed in other MECA&D residence halls;
- Supervise a crew of up to 4 student/temp workers or an outsourced vendor to ready the Residence Hall for BFA occupancy as well as provide support for events housed in the residence hall from May through August each year. This includes but is not limited to scheduling and coordination with any applicable outside vendors;
- Provide cleaning and maintenance support in other MECA&D buildings;
- Perform maintenance tasks such as painting, drywall repair, simple plumbing repairs including toilet, sink and shower repairs as they are reported or discovered. Troubleshoot all other building issues and make the repairs as they arise and / or contact the correct vendor or subcontractor to make the repair;
- Identify and solve and/or report safety hazards;
- Routinely handle hazardous and non hazardous waste, as well as inspection and maintenance of several accumulation sites throughout Porteous and the facility at 380 Cumberland;
- Receiving and delivering shipments of up to 500 pounds or more.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience preferred;
- A valid and in good standing Maine drivers license is preferred.
- 4+ years of related experience in maintenance and/or custodial work required;
- Must have mechanical aptitude and experience in minor plumbing, electrical, and carpentry repairs;
- Prior supervisory experience preferred;
- Knowledge of Google Suite products preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess excellent customer service skills;
- Organized and able to demonstrate strong time management skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally;
- Must be detail oriented, with effective problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more;
- Must be self motivated but also able to work collaboratively with others;
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
This is a full time position offering $20.00 per hour.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered, including health, dental, vacation, sick and retirement benefits. Paid time off includes 4 weeks of vacation, 12 sick days, 12 holidays, 5 days of Maine Earned Paid Leave and more.