at Irving Oil in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
When you’re a part of our team, you’ll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That’s why we’re dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
We are growing and hiring F/T year-round positions throughout New England.
As an Irving Oil Fuel Delivery Driver, you’ll enjoy great pay and benefits, including 3 weeks starting vacation time, regularly scheduled hours, and more time at home with the ones you love.
A typical day consists of safely driving and dispensing home heating products to our residential and commercial customers.
How you’ll succeed in this role:
- Safely driving oil, propane and diesel truck to local customers
- Perform all work in accordance with Irving safety procedures
- Represents the company professionally and respectfully in all interactions with customers
- Attends and participates in company training programs
- Uses manifest to plan daily delivery route and loads truck with required product
- Completes daily shift report by verifying delivery tickets to MidCom system by product
- Attend training sessions and share knowledge with co-workers and customers
- Participate in night or weekend on-call schedule as necessary
- Active Commercial Driver’s License required – CDL -A or CDL – B
- Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements
- Proven safety record and a strong safety focus required
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- Basic mathematical skills are necessary
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
- 2 years previous commercial driving experience
Our offering to you:
- NEW SIGN ON BONUS
- NEW- starting rates of pay
- NEW- 3 weeks’ vacation, 1 week of sick, 3 personal days and 2 floating holidays
- Health/Dental insurance- starting on the 1st of the month following hire date
- 6 Paid holidays
- Full time hours with overtime available
- STD (at 100% of pay), LTD, Life insurance
- NEW – Boot allowance
- NEW – 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Oil & Propane discounts