at The Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine, United States
Faculty | Computational Biology
Bar Harbor, ME
The Jackson Laboratory is seeking a faculty member with expertise in computational biology at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level to join the faculty of JAX Mammalian Genetics at their Bar Harbor, Maine headquarters.
JAX is specifically seeking to recruit a scientist with expertise in developing new strategies to map biological networks linking genes, proteins, cells, tissue, and physiology in the context of disease.
Specific Areas of Expertise of Interest to JAX could include:
* Determining how genetic, pathogenic, and environmental factors interact to drive network dynamics toward healthy and diseased states.
* Use of cross-species data integration to exploit the power of experimental systems in understanding human disease origin, progression, and pathology.
* Integration of evolutionary and theoretical frameworks to develop new analytical paradigms suitable for experimental testing and validation.
* Doctoral degree in a biological, mathematical, or computational discipline with postdoctoral training in a relevant area.
* Demonstrated potential to develop a strong external funded research program in the field of computational biology.
* Candidates for the Associate and Full Professor ranks must have a distinguished record of published research, demonstrating significant impact on the profession, and success at securing funding to support research programs.
* Demonstrated experience in managing projects and collaboration is essential.
* Prior success in and desire to contribute to team projects on an ongoing basis is required.
* Experience presenting at conferences and workshops.
* Strong track record of peer-reviewed publication in reputable scientific journals.
* Successful record of mentoring and/or teaching.
* Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement and three Letters of Reference
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,400 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients' lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 "Best Places to Work in Academia" in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account