at ABF Freight System, Inc in Portland, Maine, United States
Now is your chance to join one of the country’s largest and most trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members across the country!ABF Freight, an ArcBest® company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we’re looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions. It’s more than a job; it’s a career. General description of duties:
- Plan, supervise, and control available resources associated with the timely, damage-free, and safe loading/unloading of freight on assigned shifts.
- Maintain appropriate load plans, and ensure proper load balance for safe vehicle operation.
- Assign job tasks to workers according to unloading and loading schedules.
- Coordinate work assignments, and monitor performances.
- Provide training, performance feedback, and disciplinary recommendations, as needed.
- Provide a clean, safe working environment for all personnel and visiting customers.
- Foster safe handling, loading, unloading, and storage of hazardous materials.
- Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
- Support our values driven culture focused on creativity, integrity, collaboration, growth, excellent, and wellness.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
- Opportunity to participate in a company sponsored 401K
- Vacation eligibility during the first year!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability