at Woodfords Family Services in Waterville, Maine, United States
Lead Teacher – Special Purpose Private School (SPPS)
The SPPS Lead Teacher is responsible for working with the Senior Lead Teacher and/or Program Director in guiding students toward the fulfillment of their potential for cognitive, social and emotional growth and maturation.
Position is eligible for $1,500 bonus payable on Dec. 30, 2022
Compensation: Starting salary is $45,000.00 annually, based on experience and certifications
- Monday – Friday: between 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Full-time; 40 hours weekly
Woodfords offers a generous Benefits package for the Lead Teacher, valued at more than $18,000.00 annually, which includes:
- Health Insurance (with multiple plan options to meet your needs, and gym membership reimbursement)
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan w/ 100% Agency Match up to 4%
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation.
Role of Lead Teacher:
- Responsible for the overall operation of the classroom
- Develops each student’s individual goals and objectives, with input from the Teacher’s Assistants, and the Senior Lead Teacher/Program Coordinator.
- Independently conducts curriculum based assessments, educational assessments, gives input/completes quarterly report cards, writes educational plans (IEP’s) and progress reports (quarterly IEP/ITP reports) for children enrolled in the program, with input and suggestions for modification, as appropriate, from the Teacher’s Assistants, and the Senior Lead Teacher and/or Program Coordinator.
- Participates in IEP team meetings and provide appropriate documentation.
- Provides direct care to students based upon individual education and/or individual treatment plan.
- Assists the Senior Lead Teacher/Program Coordinator and/or Behavior Analyst in providing hands-on training for newly hired Teacher’s Assistants, as well as on-going training for all staff.
- Implement behavior support strategies across the classroom and work with Behavior Analyst on individual behavioral needs for students.
- Supervises and evaluates the Teacher’s Assistants (TAs) in his/her classroom and in conjunction with the Senior Lead Teacher and Program Coordinator and the Training Department.
- Sets up/creates developmentally appropriate lessons, considering Maine Early Learning and Development Standards (MELDS) and Elementary Education curriculums, to include prep material and lesson plans, and maintains the appropriate learning environment.
- Attends and participates in required meetings, including, but not limited to, weekly classroom meetings, monthly classroom provider meetings, IEP meetings, preschool/SPPS meetings, Lead Teacher meetings and agency-wide meetings.
Qualifications of Lead Teacher:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, in special education, early childhood or a related field.
- A minimum of a conditional or full K-8 282 Certification; full K-8 282 certification preferred, from the Maine Department of Education; as well as Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) certification.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience and the desire to work with children with special needs.
- Training and experience implementing Applied Behavior Analysis procedures in educational settings.
- Must be an American Citizen or maintain legal alien status.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Driving to/from fieldtrips may be necessary.
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families for more than 55 years.
Additional Opportunities for Woodfords’ Lead Teacher:
- Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) Training and Certification
- Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- On-going Paid Training and Opportunity for Professional Development
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.