at Steel Pro, Inc.
Job Purpose / Summary:
The Steel-Pro Office Manager provides support and communication for all departments and performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Office Manager include assisting with daily office needs, coordinating shipping logistics, helping with company events, and managing general administrative activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide front desk reception duties for the office including greeting visitors and handling incoming phone calls in a timely, professional and courteous manner
- Arrange domestic and international shipments for project managers. Collaborate with shop foreman on shipment details. Work with transportation providers of dedicated trucks and common carriers, UPS, FedEx, etc. (Logistics training included in onboarding process.)
- Assist in general office administration and data entry including shop-labor data entry
- Assist HR with weekly timecard data entry
- Assist the Quality Control department with document scanning and electronic filing
- Manage and coordinate Company events such as quarterly training lunches and annual seasonal events
- Collect and distribute all incoming mail, upholding strict confidentiality
- Maintain and order all office supplies
- Coordinate travel arrangements for employees as needed
- Assist with management of weigh station (training included with onboarding)
- Strong organizational and planning skills and a desire to create order in a busy office setting
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- At least 3 years of experience as administrative assistant, office manager or closely related field
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Primarily office/desk work with brief daily tasks throughout the fabrication-shop or shipping/receiving areas
- Must be able to work in a climate controlled, office environment.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Vision must be good or corrected to normal to perform normal job duties.
- Hearing must be good to have the ability to understand information to perform job duties.
- Ability to read and write in English in order to process paperwork and follow up on any
- Sitting for extended periods of time (with ergonomics and brief stretching-breaks encouraged)
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
- No direct reports