at The Iris Network in PORTLAND, Maine, United States
Our mission is to assist peoples with visual impairments gain and maintain independence as well as community integration.
Overview: The Referral and Intake Coordinator is responsible for receiving and making referrals, internally and externally, and appropriately relaying information to necessary departments. The Referral and Intake Coordinator will act as the first point of contact for clients, customers and vendors. The employee must be well versed in all areas of The Iris Network services and familiar with applicable, relatable external services.
- Respond to all inquiries within 1-2 Business Days of initial contact.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all new incoming program services inquiries via telephone, fax, email, or in person.
- Maintain current and accurate program and referral information.
- Track number of and type of referrals to observe trends and locations of referrals.
- Ensure that all incoming materials are routed to the appropriate contact whether this is internally or to external contract contacts.
- Review each contact and ensure each contact is an appropriate referral for our services. If not provide appropriate external resources.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with other agencies and referral sources, both in and out of State.
- Be an ambassador for all agency programs.
- File and maintain confidential and secure records.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Follow up on referrals to ensure receipt of service.
- Follow all The Iris Network policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.