at Camden National Bank in Rockport, Maine, United States
If you’re looking to build your career at a forward-thinking organization with deep community roots and a vision for growth, success, and giving back, you’ve come to the right place.
This position has a hybrid work schedule- in office three days a week and working remotely two days a week.
Under the direction of the Commercial Administration Supervisor the Commercial Loan Administrator – Business Loan Support Team I provides support to Commercial Banking Officers, Directors of Commercial Banking and Branch personnel who work with commercial customers. The Commercial Loan Administrator I - BLST supports by assisting internally before and after loan closings to ensure adherence to organizational standards and regulatory requirements. Works directly with Banking Officers and commercial customers to solve problems and provide superior internal and external service. The Commercial Loan Administrator I - BLST also provides direct customer support of the Business Touch Loan process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with Banking Officers and customers in all areas of commercial loan documentation and servicing to achieve departmental goals.
- Provides customer service support to commercial customers including assisting with loan advances, answering questions, problem resolution, line of credit advances and general inquiries.
- Review and prepare required approval documents for loans submitted through the Business Touch platform for accuracy.
- Obtains credit reports, flood determinations and EDR reports.
- Performs a monthly review of lines of credit to determine eligibility for renewal and prepares appropriate documentation depending on result.
- Works collaboratively with Banking Officers and customers to effectively prepare for loan closings ensuring all necessary due diligence required is met in accordance with loan policy and procedures per the approval document.
- Review loan documentation after closing, ensuring collateral documents are recorded appropriately, all signatures are collected, files all documentation into the electronic file system and original required documents are kept according to retention procedure.
- Effectively reviews loan files in preparation for loan file audits.
- Works with commercial customers to obtain financials or required documentation in accordance with their loan agreement and tracks appropriately per procedure.
- Establish strong relationships with referral sources, inside and outside the organization.
- Effectively utilize technology and tools to maximize results (Sageworks, Synergy, Xperience, Outlook etc.)
- 0-2 years of experience working in a financial/banking institution or equivalent administrative role.
- Basic knowledge of banking terminology including loans.
- 2 year college degree
- Knowledge of banking regulations pertaining to commercial lending including but not limited to HMDA, CRA, Beneficial Ownership and Reg B preferred but not required
- Knowledge of business structures, perfection of collateral and security interests preferred but not required
- Knowledge of commercial lending, loan documentation and the loan closing process preferred but not required
- Essential knowledge of Loan Policy, Departmental Procedures, Regulatory and Compliance issues. (HMDA, CRA, OFAC, Reg B, Flood, Beneficial Ownership etc.)
- Notary Public Certification
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an understanding of the competitive strengths of CNB’s products and services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of team
- Must be detail oriented and have an ability to multitask effectively
- Effectively be able to prioritize tasks and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Effectively uses technology to perform daily activities and service customers
- Proactively and creatively takes initiative to meet commercial group goals
- Ability to grasp, conceptualize and work through instructions to create the desired result