at York County Community Action Corporation in Sanford, Maine, United States
Early Head Start – Teacher-in-Training
Do you have a passion to make a difference while positively impacting the lives of young children and their families?
Why join our team:
“Head Start really does make a difference in our community. I see it impact families directly. It has impacted me; it has made a difference in my life. Where else can you be greeted with smiles and hugs on a daily basis? It’s fantastic!” – Early Childhood Education Coordinator
We partner with families of young children (6 weeks to 5 years) in York County to offer a comprehensive program that supports social, emotional, physical, and educational development so children are ready to thrive in kindergarten and beyond.
We value our positive team environment by:
- Encouraging open communication and ongoing supervision
- Providing thorough orientation and training
- Supporting growth opportunities with financial funding
What we offer:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement benefits and match
- Health Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- School year schedule including school breaks
- Educational assistance
- $600 additional monthly compensation thru December, 2022
- External applicants only: $1,500 sign-on bonus payable in two installments ($500 after 30 days & $1000 after 3 months)
About this position:
- Starting Rate: $14.46 Hourly
- Available Positions: 2 Early Head Start
- Location: Biddeford and Sanford
- Schedule: 35 hours/week in a classroom and 2 hours of training; 49 weeks/year; Mon-Fri
Educational Requirements & Experience:
- The Teacher-in-Training must obtain an Infant/Toddler CDA 12 months after they are hired in the position. YCCAC will financially support the Teacher-in-Training with completing their CDA.
- Experience in a center or home-based setting, specializing in infant and toddlers preferred.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet families’ needs and have a reliable vehicle for travel.
- Plans, implements and documents a comprehensive child development program for infants and toddlers.
- Assumes responsibilities of Primary Caregiving, assuring continuity of care.
- Develops child focused goals in partnership with families, adheres to timelines and coordinates center/home visits with each family.
- Ensures Agency’s full compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing Requirements.
YCCAC complies fully with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations concerning employees, including those pertaining to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and U.S. DHHS rules requiring that teachers and staff at Head Start and Early Head Start programs be fully vaccinated upon hire.
How to apply:
- Visit our Career Center at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=1c4bd615-3829-460d-b922-a0167bb29d8c&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US to complete an application.
- Please send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org