at York County Community Action Corporation in Sanford, Maine, United States
York County Community Action Corp.
YCCAC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to alleviate the effects of poverty, attack its underlying causes and to promote the dignity and self-sufficiency of the people of York County, Maine.
Location: York County
As well as mileage reimbursement
Why join our team:
“Head Start really does make a difference in our community. I see it impact families directly. It has impacted me; it has made a difference in my life. Where else can you be greeted with smiles and hugs on a daily basis? It’s fantastic!” – Early Childhood Education Coordinator
We partner with families of young children (zero to five) in York County to offer a comprehensive program that includes education, health and well-being
The Classroom Substitute functions as an integral member of the Children’s Service Team, filling in when necessary to help nurture young minds in a classroom setting.
The ideal candidate:
- Is someone who can work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Must maintain appropriate level of ethical behavior and confidentiality regarding child/family information
- Contributes to ensuring the agency’s full compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing Requirements.
- Provide classroom support to teachers working with children ages six weeks to five year as needed, for 4-6 hours daily.
Educational Requirements& Experience
- 18 years of age.
- High School diploma, GED or HSE equivalent.
- Experience working with children ages six weeks to five years and special needs is preferred.
- Required to travel and have reliable transportation.
YCCAC complies fully with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations concerning employees, including those pertaining to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and U.S. DHHS rules requiring that teachers and staff at Head Start and Early Head Start programs be fully vaccinated upon hire.
How to apply:
- Visit our Career Center at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=1c4bd615-3829-460d-b922-a0167bb29d8c&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US to complete an application.
- Please email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org