at The Baker Company Inc. in Sanford, Maine, United States
Do you have experience with robotics? We have an exciting opportunity to spearhead the manufacturing automation of our products. The Baker Company, located in Sanford, ME, has led the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology for over 70 years. Our products are used worldwide for scientific research, drug discovery, patient care, and more. Join the Baker team and support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories.
The Robotics Engineer must be able to solve complex and challenging problems with our Powder Coating system. The engineer is also responsible for researching, designing, and maintaining robotics systems and applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming and validation of complex robotics systems.
- Researching, Developing, and maintaining robotics systems and components.
- Evaluation and calibrating systems for maximum efficiency.
- Troubleshooting robotics systems and applications.
- Recommend 3D virtual simulation systems for a variety of applications including Powder coating, robots’ assembly, weld, and conveyance and transfer systems at a program and project level.
- Develop accurate simulation software studies to verify the effectiveness of robotic systems and processes.
- Assess CAM software for nest, punch and bend capabilities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to review, document issues and implement effective solutions.
- Frequently collaborate with third party on design reviews and testing validations.
- Reading, writing, analyzing, and interpreting technical procedures and schematics.
- Defining problems, collecting, and analyzing data to make conclusions.
- Maintaining accurate documentation and records.
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Other duties as assigned
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Project completion to time, cost, and reliability targets
- Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
- Recommendations for robotics
- Robotics performance
- Must be able to sit a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- BS Degree in related Engineering field and 2+ years’ experience
- Candidate being qualified on the ABB programming + OPL (Robot Studio) a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven skills in writing software and programming systems
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to apply advanced mathematical concepts
- Able to work independently and as part of a team