at The Baker Company Inc. in Sanford, Maine, United States
Do you enjoy hands-on work? In this role, you will work as part of a team to assemble and build our safety cabinets. The Baker Company, located in Sanford, ME, has led the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology for over 70 years. Our products are used worldwide for scientific research, drug discovery, patient care, and more. Join the Baker team, and support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories. The Baker Company offers a comprehensive benefits package and a $500 Sign-On Bonus for this position!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints and shop instructions.
- Perform simple mathematical functions (Add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Use hand power tools, pallet jacks, hand trucks, stud welders, and various pneumatic tools.
- Work as a part of a team.
- Work at a fast pace in a manufacturing line environment and meet takt times.
- Cross train in multiple areas of the Assembly department.
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervision.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS:
- Meet takt time
- Support on-time delivery
- Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs frequently, and up to 50 lbs periodically.
- Must be able to assist others in 2 person lifting requirements up to 100 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, crawl, climb or bend for up to 8 hours.
- Mechanical assembly skills
- Attention to detail