at Northern Light Health in Ellsworth, Maine, United States
Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Department: Food and Nutrition Services
Position is located: Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 40 Hours Weekly
Assists preparing patient trays. Delivers and picks up patient trays. Assists in daily and weekly clean up. Ensures food is labeled and stored at the proper temperature and documented daily. Washes dishes and documents the proper temperatures on the dish machine.Delivers menus to patients. Has knowledge of all standard diets. Able to communicate effectivley with co workers and customers.Works under minimal supervision on project priorities.Estimating food needs from past records. Has basic skills for baking and cooking as well as skills for prepping items. Has an understanding of the Quality Approvement Plan/Project and helps maintain our goals.Helps with community functions.
• Reports to work as scheduled – attendance, punctuality. (e.g., reliability).
• Acts as a role model for other employees within the department or organization.
• Adheres to EMHS professional appearance policy / dress code.
• Maintains and exhibits a professional, positive attitude towards co-workers, work, and organization.
• Demonstrates a commitment to co-workers, job duties, and organization (e.g., team player).
• Supports and embraces change in job and organization.
• Proactively seeks out solutions to problems.
• Continually develops skills and/or job knowledge.
• Participates in skills training opportunities available to him/her.
• Met/accomplished prior year performance evaluation goals set under growth pillar.
• Completed iCare training as required for current year (or preceding year if evaluation occurs in January)
• Completes all Healthstream Education
• Attends and participates in department meetings and in services 90% or greater (Attendance)
• Works confidently on knowing all tasks for Assc. I
• Knowledge and skills of all kitchen equipment
• Knowledge of all Therapeutic Diets
• Helps Assc. III with stocking if possible and understanding the stock procedure
• Adheres to “EMHS Code of Conduct” and follows all applicable compliance policies/regulations.
• Works safely and follows all safety policies; reports incidents or hazards immediately.
• Takes ownership of problems and proactively seeks out solutions.
• Met/accomplished prior year performance evaluation goals set under quality pillar.
• Assists in preparing meals according to standardized recipes provided
• Ensure food safety by properly storing, preparing, cooking and serving food at safe amounts of time and temperature.
• Proper Handwashing Techniques
• Demonstrates knowledge of basic and modified diets
• Observes safety rules
• Participates in the Quality Improvement plan and activities
• Use creativity and imagination
• Provides excellent customer service, both for internal and/or external customers.
• Responds to phone calls, voice mail messages, and emails in a timely manner.
• Met/accomplished prior year performance evaluation goals set under service pillar.
• Reliable and responsible with attendance and adherence to schedules
• Maintains a courteous and professional manner
• Makes self available upon patient or staff requests
• Seeks out ways to reduce operating costs or increase efficiency within role/department.
• Acts in a cost-conscious manner with regard to use of supplies.
• Met/accomplished prior year performance evaluation goals set under finance pillar.
• Contributes in ways to improve productivity and cost control
• Proper use of MCMH property and equipment
• Works regular budgeted hours
Competencies and skills:
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
- Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
- Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
- Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
- Potential exposure to noxious odors.
- Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
- Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
- Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.