at IDEXX Distributions, Inc. in Westbrook, Maine, United States
As a Food Service Specialist I, you will w prepare and maintain quality products for the resale in all IDEXX cafe locations.
To ensure that IDEXX Facilities infrastructure, processes, and services meet the evolving needs of the business, we will be a strategic partner and service provider of choice for the business teams. We will strive to achieve operational agility and flexibility, high employee engagement, cost excellence, and safe, sustainable operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepare and serve food as directed by team lead and/or head chef.
* Responsible for stocking inventory on the shelves for resale.
* Clean and maintain cafe equipment and machinery.
* Wash dishes as needed.
* Track work station supplies in assigned areas; report re-orders to team lead as needed.
* Assist with the timely and accurate daily documentation of temperature charts.
* Exhibit strong customer service skills, maintaining positive and professional working relations with customers, team members and members of other functional areas.
* Maintain a safe working environment and utilize all applicable safety equipment.
* Perform and maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards as established by supervisor.
* Utilize the correct processes to maintain quality products.
* Assist in inventory process and cost reduction efforts.
* Cross train in other work centers.
* May train as a Cashier (a plus).
* Must attend ServeSafe certification class and attempt the exam. Passing grade is a plus.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Additional training and/or certification beyond high school preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Understand and act in accordance with the IDEXX Mission and Values statements with a focus on quality and customer service
* Strong team player with the ability to complete daily goals in a quality focused organization
* Demonstrated ability to work both individually and as a team contributor
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and to make independent decisions when needed
* Good communication skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees
* Ability to comprehend written, graphic and quantitative information
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in a wide range of units using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Metrics conversions a plus.
* Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
* Proficiency in operating a computer and utilizing e-mail
* Understanding of the chemicals and proper procedure to use them.
* Regularly required to stand and sit for extended periods; extend and reach with hands and arms; and use hands and fingers to handle, squeeze, twist and manipulate objects, controls and tools.
* Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Frequently required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to push/pull pallet jacks and carts.
* Average walking of 3 to 5 miles per day.
* Weekend hours and weekday overtime may be required but not common.
* Normal kitchen environment.
* While performing the duties of this job the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
* Personal protective equipment and/or clothing may be required.
* The noise level is moderate to loud.
We're proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let's pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer