at Penobscot County Commissioners in Bangor, Maine, United States
The Deputy Director- Unorganized Territory (UT) is responsible for providing municipal services and communication with residents for Penobscot County’s 39 unorganized territories under the guidance of Penobscot County Commissioners and the UT Director. The Deputy Director- UT is responsible for the clerical management of the department, as well as program management in conjunction with the Director. Unorganized Territory is also responsible for the administration of the Regional Animal Control Program for six organized towns and two unorganized territories. This position provides administration of the UT Tax Increment Financing District, and is responsible for safeguarding and maintenance of files, as well as contact with general public and clerical functions as directed by the UT Director.
- Assist the public with information on maps, etc.
- Maintain contact information for town offices, fire chiefs, etc.
- Maintain maps for Penobscot Regional Communications Center for rescue services for towns, i.e. road name changes
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Help with preparation of multiple budgets
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Provide oversight of the UT’s social media presence and website content. Assist with response to residents in the Unorganized Territory as required
- Assist with addressing projects in the Unorganized Territory
- Assist with office correspondence and help maintain contracts
- Assist with inspection of maintained roads
- Assist Director with bid specifications for any and all approved repair and/or paving projects
- Assist with E911 addressing when needed
- Attend weekly Commissioner meetings, as needed