at Paradigm Operating Company., LLC in Portland, Maine, United States
We are looking for a motivated and detail oriented Production Supervisor to join our team full-time! You will be responsible for assisting the Production Manager with oversight of all production lines as well as ensuring that safety, efficiency, and quality standards are met or exceeded.
You will actively manage the operation of production lines, provide insight into areas of training and improvement, and monitor key performance indicators for safety, throughput, and cost- all while respecting the overall goal. You will be responsible for educating all employees on safety procedures and monitoring waste elimination. Additionally, you will encourage and engage in an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement.
This is a 1st shift position
1st Shift: 6:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m. *Overtime on Saturday's as needed per business demands.
$65,000 - $70,000 DOE
Ideal Skills and Experience:
1. Must have strong knowledge of production and workflow procedures (including full knowledge of at least two production lines) and be familiar with quality control standards necessary to maintain satisfactory levels of production.
2. Problem Solving Skills - Increased capability to make decisions quickly and resolve problems affecting all manufacturing processes.
3. Knowledge of company and departmental organizational structure, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
4. Must possess skills to interact with other departments, create presentations, and communicate ideas and instructions in a clear and professional manner.
5. Proven ability to build, develop and encourage teamwork environment in a positive manner. Ability to set clear goals for self and others.
6. Must have strong organizational and time management skills. Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
7. Must be capable of assuming increasing responsibilities and also be flexible with work schedule and be available for working overtime.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education/experience working in a similar environment or position
· Must have a broad range of manufacturing knowledge and very strong understanding of lean manufacturing principles
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to work in a loud and fast paced environment, make good judgements, and assist when necessary.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and understand written instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals (Must be able to read and understand the U.S. measurement system to 1/32 of an inch.).
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 10 hours, and regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds (Must be comfortable performing repetitive tasks using arms and hands).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent as well as to draw/interpret graphs.