at Paradigm Operating Company., LLC in Portland, Maine, United States
GENERAL SUMMARY: The custom order buyer is designed as an entry level purchasing role. The individual will execute system driven demands for custom size materials from authorized vendors. The ideal candidate will be detail driven, organized, and responsive. The candidate will interface with vendors as well as internal customers from multiple departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Custom order product ordering. This encompasses the cycle from system report generation, purchase order generation, purchase order placement, order acknowledgement processing, and vendor follow up as needed.
- Updating internal customers on delivery status and details.
- Expediting orders as required.
- MRO Request Processing
- Inventory Receipt Posting
- Basic Supplier Management
- Suppler Monitoring
- Other duties as required
- Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to trouble shoot problems quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure, effective at handling stress and tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn new information systems and to use those systems to improve processes, efficiency, and business results.
- JOB POSTING Summary
Minimum Education & Experience Required
- LEAN or Continuous Process Improvement is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work inside, work protracted or irregular hours, work closely with others in addition to working alone.
2. The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, and specific vision abilities are required by this job including close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.