at Nouria Energy in Waterville, Maine, United States
If you have a good attitude, like working with people and are ready to work hard, you have come to the right place. Nouria Energy is committed to hiring quality people and taking good care of them so they will take good care of our customers. Customers visit our stores for much more than a good value on gasoline and products, they come for the value of a warm smile and courteous welcome.
The Store Manager has an ultimate responsibility for the day-to-day store operations including and not limited to car wash and food service operation, store profitability, budget, expense control, inventory levels, shortage control, customer service and safety scheduling, training and supervising employees.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
Workforce Management and Development
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and develop all store staff
- Demonstrate leadership and promote teamwork
- Motivate staff to continually improve performance
- Effectively address employee relations issues
- Provide performance feedback and coaching to store employees
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, coaching, and counseling of store employees
- Require personal grooming and appearance at all times
- Exhibit personal accountability for every action
- Ensure that all store employees know and follow all company policies and procedures
- Supervise all hourly employees to clock in and clock out and assure their time properly reported to payroll
- Post work schedule as per Company policy
Financials and Sales
- Develop and execute site level operating budget
- Responsible and accountable for the steady improvement of store profitability and the delivery of budgeted financial objectives.
- Responsible for maximizing store sales and gasoline volume at the location in accordance with company guidelines and objectives.
- Monitor retail gasoline prices to stay on strategy.
- Ensure product mix and inventory levels are properly maintained in order to increase sales volume and control inventory
- Stock shelves and refrigerated coolers
- Accountable for minimizing the loss of cash and inventory and operating within assigned shrink targets.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws within the scope of the convenience/food store operation
- Be directly responsible for all fund reconciliation and inventory audits
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all required paperwork
- Provide the best customer experience to every customer
- Greet every customer with a smile and sincere greeting
- Suggest possible purchases to the customers and promote specials
- Assume full responsibility for the execution of Nouria's customer service program at the site level
Safety & Station Appearance
- Responsible for doing what is necessary to minimize the safety risks to employees, customers and suppliers. Assure that all site employees are adequately trained on safety policies and procedures and maintains adequate controls to verify compliance to these
- Assure all environmental and hazardous material regulations are strictly enforced
- Maintain safety and security of the store and document any accidents or incidents that occur
- Manage the maintenance of the customer environment inside and around the perimeter of the store
- Operate all assigned equipment safely and efficiently
- support implementation of the Nouria Safety and Health program
- Promptly Report and investigate workplace accidents, injuries, incidents, or illnesses involving employees within the location
- Complete the new employee safety orientation procedure with all new or transferred employees working at the store
- Regularly inspect stores in your area of responsibility for workplace hazards and initiate corrective action immediately
- Encourage employees to report unsafe conditions or work practices and initiate corrective action
- Promote a quick return to work for employees under your supervision
- 1-3yrs years of management experience in convenience store, retail, fast food, or restaurant operations
- Budget and P&L understanding
- Ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- State of Maine Specific: UST Class A/B Certification is a MUST or ability to become certified within the first 30 days of employment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to provide any level of coverage if needed, including nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to bend down, stoop low, and also stand for at least 8 hours
- Ability to properly lift, pull and/or push up to 50 lbs.
- Successful completion of certification testing as needed
- MS Outlook, Word, and Excel skills
- Ensures physical maintenance, safety, cleanliness, and attractiveness of all store facilities
- Performs other related duties as required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of the store
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Prolonged periods of standing and working at a cash register
Sign on Bonus:
Must be employed to receive the payout
$1000 Bonus- Paid $250 after 30 days,
$250 after 90 days and $500 after 180
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.