at Eastern Maine Community College in Bangor, Maine, United States
Bargaining Unit/Salary Range: MEA Administrators Unit; Level I (Pending Classification); Starting Salary: $40,030.10 – Free College Program Funding.
Responsibilities: The Resident Director & Free College Advisor will support students participating in the Free College Initiative through advising services, FAFSA completion workshops and development, implementation and coordination of the residential and student life programs at Eastern Maine Community College. This position will provide holistic support to students related to academic and social development as well as global citizenship. This position will also provide oversight of Acadia Hall and participate in the Residence Life on-call rotation.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associate’s degree with 2 years of relevant professional work experience. Preferred Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Student Affairs or related field
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with residential living, preferably as a Resident Assistant or a student leader in a residence hall association.
- Knowledge of student programming is useful. Background in student development, working with traditionally aged student and diverse populations.
- Experience with advising and registration would be helpful.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships, along with maintaining positive attitude and respect for others.
- Superior problem resolution while constantly maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and comply with college policies and procedures pertaining to residence halls.
Benefits: Employer paid health, dental and life insurance for employee, Maine State Retirement and a generous paid time off package. Note: Proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination required prior to the first day of employment, subject to exemptions recognized by law.
Application Procedure: Email cover letter, resume, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.
Great College. Smart Choice.
Eastern Maine Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and non-discriminatory environment for all employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact (207) 974-4637